The Present - Y/N

I could feel someone's hand on my shoulder, gently shaking me. I tried to open my eyes, but the blinding light above me made it hurt. In trying to lift my hand to rub my eyes, I discovered I couldn't. I was tied down. That made me panic and my eyes opened wide to look at what was happening, who was there?

That same firey red haired woman was looking down at me. It was her that had her hand on my shoulder. I shrugged her away not wanting her to touch me. She started speaking again, but I just couldn't understand her.

I looked around to get my bearings. I was in another white room, on a soft bed. The bright light above me, but it was not coming from a candle, it was something strange emitting the light. It was buzzing like a bee. I kept looking around. It was just that woman in the room and me, on the bed. I still had my armour on, but my boots were gone.

The bed was soft, the softest I had ever felt and the woman moved to make it rise up, so now I was sitting. She smiled tentatively at me which made me nervous. She said more things to me which I didn't understand, but then she undid one of the metal things holding my wrist to the bed.

Narrowing my eyes at her, I pointed to the other one and she shook her head. I guess she meant no, only this hand would be free. She threw some clothes onto the bed and started pointing between them and me.

How she expected me to get undressed, one handed was beyond me. This armour took two people to get on, there was not a chance in all of Niflheim that I would be able to do this one handed.

I just stared at her and pulled on my other hand, rattling the metal against the bed. I told her I need both hands to do it and she'd have to help, but she just stood there. It was infuriating.

I was losing my temper at her and started shouting. More people then entered and held me down again to tie my other hand back to the bed as I struggled.

I roared at them to get off of me, but they didn't.

I spent more time in the room alone, tied down, trying to work out where I was and what had happened. I kept replaying what had happened in my head.

I had kicked through the hut door and stumbled as it opened so quickly. There was a flash of white light and the smell. The smell changed immediately. That's what was clearest.

I took a deep breath in, not thinking, the smell here was awful. It burnt my throat, like when I had found an otter holt. The smell of their urine and shit when I dug that out to kill them for the pelts was disgusting. This smell had the same burning effect. I wanted to get out of here. No, I needed to get out of here. I needed to get back home.

The woman appeared again and stood at the end of the bed. She spoke again, but I didn't understand her. She gestured to my hands and then pointed this black thing at me whilst she spoke.

She slowly came and stood next to the bed and removed both of my restraints, pointing that thing at me.

I rubbed my wrists and slowly swung my legs from the bed. She threw some clothes next to the bed on the floor and pointed for me to, I assume put them on.

I stood and started undoing my fastening but I just couldn't reach the clasps on my back. Luckily she noticed, but before she came closer, another woman with dark hair entered and pointed one of those black things at me whilst the red one helped me.

Once undressed, I stood naked in front of them. I still had some mud and blood from the battle on me as I looked across my body, assessing it. I could see a few large bruises forming and cuts across my body. Nothing too bad, I had had much worse before.

I went to pick up the clothes from the floor, but the red one stopped me, shaking her head and saying something.