Frozen - Y/N

I could feel a cold sensation spread across my skin as I kissed Loki, so cold it started to burn when his large hands cupped my cheeks. He rested his forehead against mine, but I had to pull back. The sensation was almost as though I had jumped into a frozen lake. The sudden cold-water shock burning my skin, causing my lungs to heave as I gasped and struggled for air at the surface.

I felt so cold it chilled my bones within - something I hadn't felt in a long time.

I opened my eyes to see why as it was starting to hurt - then I saw it. The blue figure with red eyes looking down at me.
Its eyes grew wide, almost in shock as I stumbled backwards, a silent scream caught in my throat as I stared back at the being before me.

I was frozen to the spot in shock as it spun away from me, burying its face in its hands.

"Don't look at me!" the voice growled out in a familiar tone.

Its massive shoulders heaved as it tried to breathe. I could feel the panic radiating from it.

A sudden realisation hit me as I looked over the torn clothes covering its body that Loki had been wearing.

"L L L Loki?" I stammered.

I started to slowly step towards him with my hand outstretched - what am I doing?

I couldn't stop myself. My head was screaming at me to turn and run but my body was drawn to him. It urged me forward just as it had before.

I could feel the temperature change across my fingertips as they neared him. Goosebumps ran across my arm, the closer I got, the further they travelled up my arm, until I started to shiver.

I couldn't help but look over him. His blue skin was glistening against the night sky, his hair was longer, he was bigger - much bigger in size, with two white horns shining brightly from atop his head. The visible muscles that were showing across his back between the torn fabric flexed as he took unsteady breaths. He was stunningly beautiful and that was only my view from the back.

My breath misted in the cold air in great clouds of smoke. I wasn't scared, perhaps a little nervous, but there was something familiar about him now. Something I had seen before. Something I had been made to forget - told it was all my imagination.

In the coldest winter, I looked out from the bank at the frozen lake, pulling my hood tight around my face as the furs tickled my rosy cheeks.
The fog was rolling down from the mountains, bathing the ice in blankets of fluffy white mist as the early morning sun cut through the clouds above in streams of light. A shadow was striding across the ice with powerful, long strides. It strode with purpose and power; faster than any man or beast I knew. I squinted my eyes to try and make out what it was. White furs were draped around its shoulders and waist, hair as dark as night with ivory horns protruding through the mass of dark hair, but skin as blue as a glacier. It paused, turning its head to me, crimson eyes looked at me, piercing into my mind as it smirked with a wicked grin. Before it vanished into the fog.
I tried to follow; my curiosity as a child outweighed my fear, but I fell through the ice.

A memory I didn't know I had flashed in front of my eyes - the frost giant I had seen before.

I was just about to touch Loki, but he shrugged away from me, a green glow covering his body as he adopted his mask. His form shrank down to his regular size, his horns retreated beneath his raven hair and his once torn clothes went back to normal as if nothing had happened.

"Loki..."

"Don't Y/N..." he paused before he spoke again.

"I'll understand if you never want to see me again," his voice was so quiet as he spoke.