Chapter 3: who did this to you?

Lizzie's POV:
After Riley said she only wanted Scarlett to have a look at her bruises, I went downstairs to finish cleaning when I heard Scarlett shout my name "what is it?" I shouted up to Scarlett "can you come upstairs quickly" Scarlett shouted back and i ran up the stairs as fast as i could "what is it? What happened?" I asked and then I saw Riley's back. I was horrified. "Riley, who did this to you?" Scarlett asked whilst trying not to cry "Mr James" Riley said in a whisper, me and Scarlett just stood there in shock and horror that a grown man could do this to a little kid "why did he do this Riley" I asked trying to hold back tears "he would hit me for no reason but today to he hit me because he didn't have and beers and he wanted me to get some for him" Riley said "is that why you was at the shop?" I asked and Riley nodded "so why were you crying?" Scarlett asks "because I knew they wouldn't serve a 7 year old alcohol so I was too scared to go home because he would be mad" Riley said "your 7?" I asked , confused and Riley nodded, "I turned 7 last week" Riley said I stood there in shock and Scarlett was laughing at my facial expressions. "Scarlett outside now," I said to Scarlett and walked out.

Scarlett's POV
I walked out the bathroom with Lizzie and closed the door "what's wrong?" i asked Lizzie "i think we should adopt Riley'' she said "but we both cant adopt her were not together" i reminded her and her face went completely red "we could be" she whisper just loud enough for me to hear "what? You like me too?" i asked now my face as red as Lizzie "yes i've liked you for ages i just didn't know how to say it because i thought you was too good for me" she started rambling on so i did the first thing i thought of to shut her up, i grabbed her face and kissed her and she kissed me back "so... what does this make us?"lizzie asked

307 words
Sorry it's short