Chapter 14: police

Scarlett's POV
When we got back to the house I took Riley to her old room where she had a change of clothes and lizzie followed "hey riley can i look at your back now?" i asked her and she nodded "ok, give me one sec i just need to grab the first aid kit" i said and left the room, i heard someone running after me and knew it was lizzie "scarlett what happened? Why do you need the first-aid kit?" lizzie asked whilst running after me "when i found riley she hugged me and when i pulled away i had blood on my hand" i said as i rummaged around the kitchen trying to find it "when is it" i said to myself "ah found it" i said trying to reach for it "need some help there?" lizzie asked, walking up to me and grabbing it "thank you" i said and started running back upstairs.

Rileys POV
When we got back to Scarlett's house she took me up to my old room and asked if she could look at my back and I nodded. She ran to the kitchen and about 5 minutes later she came back "ok you ready?" she asked picking me up and i nodded, when we got into the bathroom scarlett put my on the counter and asked me if she could take my top off and i nodded, but when she lifted my top her and lizzie gasped and it scared me so i jump off the counter and tried to run into a corner but i fell over so i just curled in a ball "im sorry, im sorry, please don't hit me, please" i begged and felt a pair of arms pick me up but i was too scared to open my eyes ''hey, shh it's ok we're not going to hit you" scarlett said hugging me and when she did i cried in pain "ok let's get you cleaned up, yeah?" lizzie said and i nodded into scarlett's chest, as scarlett went to put me down i didn't let go "riley you need to let go so i can clean your cuts" scarlett said and i buried my face into her neck "ok can i clean them and you can stay hugging scarlett?" Lizzie asked and I nodded. After about 5 minutes lizzie said that she was done and put a band-aid on my back "riley you need to tell us what happened" scarlett said whilst putting me on the bed and grabbing me clean clothes.

Lizzie's POV
After Scarlett got rikey dressed she told us everything that happened that he lost his job and blamed her, and the fact he was always drunk and would hit her and say it was her fault with what happened with her mum and said that she was to fat and didn't give her food "what happened with your mum?" scarlett asked "umm she died when i was born" riley said with guilt "oh honey that's not your fault" i said and hugged her "oh and honey why didn't you call me mama when you saw me" scarlett asked and riley looked down "the 2nd night i was crying and i said i wanted you he hit me and said you're not my mama and said if i called you mama ever again he would kill you" she said and started crying, "oh honey no one would ever hurt me, and i am your mama no matter what anyone says" scarlett said.

Scarlett's POV
When Riley told me everything that happened I knew I needed to call the police so once she had fallen asleep I pulled Lizzie outside the room "we need to call the police and tell them what happened" I said and Lizzie agreed, after we called the police and told them everything that happened they said they would be over later in the afternoon to investigate "I'm going to go wake Riley up and you make her food" Lizzie said walking up the stairs, after 10 minutes lizzie came down with a sleepy riley in her arms "someone's sleepy" i said and riley looked at me and did grabby arms so i took her from lizzies arm and sat her at the table but she wouldn't let go "stay" she whispered so i sat her on my lap, after we had finished we were cleaning up when there was a knock at the door then we saw riley run and hide "you get the door and ill go get riley" i said to lizzie and she headed towards the door.

773 words