Chapter 19: nightmare

TW⚠️mention of abuse

Riley's POV
I felt someone pick me up and walk with me and i realized it was mama, soon she put me down in the bed and i heard her about to leave so i grabbed her shirt "stay" i said in a whisper as i was tired and then i felt her climb under the covers so i moved over to her and cuddled into her.

I was having a nightmare but i couldn't wake up from it "get back her you little shit" mr james shouted as i ran, then he grabbed me and dragged me into the basement then he took his belt of and started hitting me with it "s-stop" i said but he carried on hitting me "mama!" i shouted "she's not coming no one will help you now, your all alone" mr james said "MAMA!" i shouted even louder, "riley, baby please wake up" I could hear mama saying whilst shaking me then i shot up.

Scarlett's POV
I was sleeping when i felt riley shaking in her sleep and her breathing picked up, i sat up and tried shaking her to wake up but it didn't work "s-stop" i heard her mumble so i tried to shaking her again "riley baby you need to wake up" i said but that still didn't work then she screamed "mama!" i could hold it in anymore and started crying "come on wake up, its a nightmare" i whispered "MAMA!" she screamed again at this point i was crying my eyes out "riley, baby please wake up" i said whilst shaking her and then she shot up, she was shaking and struggling to breath so i went to pull her into me but she flinched "baby its ok, it's mama" i said calmly can she looked at me with fear in her eyes "he's back" she whispered and i pulled her into my lap "it's ok, he won't get you" i said "b-but h-he" she said through sniffles "shhh, it's ok" i said and she just cuddled into me for the next 10 minutes until i heard the trailer door open.

Lizzie's POV
I had just finished filming a scene and was heading to scarlett's but when i opened the door i heard sniffling so i walked through to the bedroom and saw scarlett sat on the bed with Riley in her lap "what happened" i mouthed to scarlett "nightmare" she mouther back and i nodded, i sat down on the bed and went to stroke riley's back but she flinched "hey it's just mommy" i said and she looked up and i saw the fear in her eyes "aww come baby" i said and she climbed on to my lap "riley, i need to go film but ill be back soon, ok?" scarlett said and riley just nodded then scarlett left "go to sleep baby" i said "No" she said "why?" i asked "because he will come back" she said starting to tear up "ok, well how about we go get food?" i asked and she nodded.

As we were driving i heard riley say something "what was that baby" i asked "can we go to wendys" she asked "sure, do you want to do drive through or go inside?" i asked "drive through" she said and i nodded.
After i had ordered i lifter riley into the front seat so she could eat "mommy?" i heard riley say "yeah" i said back and looked at her but she just did grabby hands so i picked her up onto my lap "can we go see mama now?" she asked "sure but you need to go back into your seat" i said and she nodded whilst climbing into the back and clipping herself in "we should get food for mama" i heard riley say excitedly "goog idea" i answered back in matching her energy

Words 657