Chapter 25: the truth

⚠️TW: SA & abuse⚠️

Scarlett's POV
Its been a weeks since me and Riley was singing and playing piano and since then ive been teaching her how to play and honestly shes getting really good, me and lizzie contacted the police the other day about Riley's brother and were still waiting to hear back from them, right now me and lizzie are getting ready to go to set it is currently 5:30 and we need to be there at 6:30 so were getting our thinking and Riley's things sorted before we wake her up.

Once we had finished packing it was 5:50 so i decided to go wake Riley up whilst lizzie makes breakfast for her, as i open her door i see her starfished out taking up the whole double bed, i chuckle at the site making my way over to her "riley come its time to wake up" i say stroking her hair "mama?" she grumbles "yeah baby,come on its time to get up" i say and get a hum in response as she turns over stretching her arms out to be picked up, as soon as i pick her put she snuggles into my neck "shall we go shee what mommy's making for breakfast?" i ask and she nods.

Lizzie's POV:
I decided to just do something simple for breakfast so i quickly whip up some pancake mix and start making pancakes for me, riley and scarlett,
Just as i finished making all the pancakes scarlett came into the kitchen carrying a tired riley "hey bubs, you want pancakes for breakfast?" i ask her and she just nods her head as scarlett placed her in a chair "how many pancakes do you want bubs?" i ask riley "two please" she says still waking up "do you want syrup on them?" i ask and she nods, after sorting rileys pancakes out i but 4 on a plat for scarlett and 4 on a plate for me and sit at the table.

"Mommy what are we doing today?" riley asks me as i get her clothes out "were going to set, remember?" i ask "oh yeah, i forgot" she giggles, after i helped her get dressed we went downstairs and put our shoes on and headed out to the car where scarlett was packing the car "you both ready?" scarlett ask "yup" riley said skipping to the car trying to open the door then remembering she cant reach "mommy i need her" she shouted and i went over and opened the door and fastening her in the getting in the car along with scarlett.

(time skip to 1 O'clock bc im lazy)
Scarlett's POV
We had just finished up on the last scene for today and we had just put riley down for a quick nap as was getting ready to leave when my phone started to ring, as i went to pick it up i signaled to lizzie to come over "hello" i say "his this is max, we spoke the other day about riley's brother" "have you got any information on him?" i asked "yes i did, now i need you to prepare yourself for what im about to tell you" he said which made me worry "his name is josh cooper he is riley half brother from her dads side and he escaped from prison a week ago and is being looked for by the police" he said "what was he in prison for?" i ask "he was in for assault of a minor and sexual assault of a minor, which as i guess youve already figured out was to riley" he said and i was speechless "umm ok thank you, is there anything else?" i asked my voice breaking "not that i can find but if there is anything else i will call you, i will also call you when he gets for but if you see him before that call us right away" "ok thank you, bye" i said before ending the call and as soon as i did i burst into tears and so did lizzie "how could someone do that to a child" i sobbed into lizzie's neck, just then we hear the door creak and i look up to see riley standing in the doorway "whats wrong mama, why are you and mommy crying?" she asked "were ok baby just got a little upset thats all" i said as she climbed onto my lap hugging me and lizzie, after about 5 minutes lizzie speaks up "right who wants to go home?" she asks "me!" riley shouts causing us to giggle as she runs out the trailer to the car "do we speak to her about this?" i ask lizzie "i think we should let her come to us when shes ready" lizzie says and i nod in agreement "come on mama and mommy" we hear riley shout causing us to laugh "were coming" we shout in unison and i grab the bags and unlock the car putting the bags in as lizzie gets riley in the car.

As were driving back home riley asks "mama can we get a mcdonalds please" and i look at lizzie and she shrugs "sure i don't see why not" i say and riley squeals, as we pull up to mcdonalds i ask riley what she wants "can i get a chicken nugget happy meal please" she asks and i nod and order the food, once we got the food we headed home whilst riley and lizzie was singing along to disney songs "mama can me you and mommy go shopping tomorrow?" riley asks "me and you can but mommy has to go to set tomorrow, ok?" i say "ok mama" riley replies followed by a yawn "bubs you can go to sleep if you want, well wake you up when were home" lizzie says and just like thats she was out like a light.