Chapter 2 (Japan's Perspective)

"Great, let's go to the military camp and let's discuss about the plan." As we walked down I inspected the empty and dark streets that went down the market place, after hours this place would've looked like a deserted town. After we got into the military camp she tried to start a fire to light up the house, I took out my lighter to assist with it. "Alright, here is the plan, we are going to sabotage an enemy base and maybe get some supplies if we are lucky." I was alright with this plan, but she said I needed some basic stealth training. It was lucky at that point in time, daylight had already fallen, and we could start doing some drills and increase experience in the night. Firstly, she taught me how to stealthily take down a person by using a small knife, she taught me this by practicing on a dummy made of straw. I tried it myself, the concept was a bit hard to grasp, but I had done it in only a few tries. Secondly, how to use ranged weapons, she first used an example by using the same dummy and using throwing knives at it. I did it on my first try as even back at the army they would make us throw dummy grenades for training and I was quite good at it. Continuing on from the throwing knives, she taught my how to aim and release an arrow to a person's weak points, she showed it by attacking the dummy with a shot to the head, and aiming for vital parts of the body. I tried this out and wasn't used to holding the string as they had us use rifles at the training academic back home. She then gave me a crossbow which I was more used to than a regular bow. The third part of training was natural camouflage, she told me that using bushes, trees and shrubs are a vital part in being stealthy as they give you cover. I noted this down as I wasn't really used to walking stealthily. When she saw how quickly I could progress with little effort she pat me on the back and said I did a great job. She gave me a bag and said that we needed this for later. We waited for night to fall, then we started trying to infiltrate the base. We went down at nightfall, and close to the by using a rowboat to quickly get across the winding rivers that surrounded the base. We quickly brought the boat to some nearby bushes and started doing some reconnaissance on the base, we walked around trying to see when they would switch their shifts so it was another's time to patrol. When we saw our chance we made our move, we quickly went past the soldiers and ducked into a nearby building, she told me that we should go our separate ways, so we could get more supplies quickly and efficiently. I wholeheartedly agreed on this plan of action. We started walking around navigating around the patrolling soldiers and got into a nearby tent where they were keeping their rations and food supplies in. I took as much as possible that i could fit into the bag that Chiharu gave me. We met up at the same building where we decided how we were going to get supplies quickly. We congratulated each other on our success, but a soldier walked into the room without telling us. Chiharu with her quick reaction time, took out one of her throwing knives and struck the soldier down at the throat. We had to quickly dispose of the body, and we carried the corpse down to where the rowboat was and threw it down the river. With that adrenaline rush of anxiety, I thanked Chiharu for quickly reacting in time before the soldier could alert the others. We brought our success back to the village, we were greatly thanked for our contributions to the prosperity of the village. We sat down relaxing by the hillside, enoying the scenery looking down seeing the sunrise. We chatted about our day getting to know even more about one another, then I remembered something that I had got from the camp I quickly assembled it and asked Chiharu, "Chiharu want to fish by the river? It's fun!" "I'm not a big fan of fishing as I normally hunt, but maybe you could teach me a thing or two as I had already teached you. I told her that the best thing someone needs for fishing is the bait. "We need the correct bait in order to catch better fish." She nodded intrigued, I saw some earthworms by the side of the nank and dug up the soil catching about two or three earthworms. "This is good bait for any type of fresh water fish." I used the earthworm, and poked it through the head and slid it down the hook until the eye and then I poked it's tail till it bled. Chiharu saw my example and tried mimicking it she had a bit of trouble with poking the tail so I helped her with it. I stood with my legs shoulder width, then bringing up my fishing line, swinging in a circle and releasing it. She knew how to do the steps easy enough, then I showed her that we needed to reel in the line slowly. Next thing, I knew a strong force was pulling Chiharu down. I quickly dropped my line and help her reel in the fish, I told her that when a fish is fighting back you should pull towards the other way to tire it. Then quickly reel it in, she follow these instructions quickly. Even for a strong person like Chiharu, she still had trouble fighting the fish and reeling it in. Eventually, when we pulled it up it was a really large sized carp, 77.5 centimetres (31 inches for you americans)  long in length. We enjoyed this victory be toasting the fish on top of the fire, and enjoying the taste of victory.