Chapter 3 (Japan's Perspective)

We enjoyed ourselves, eating the carp that we had just caught. Going back the village after our heavy meal we went our ways and slept till morning. Seeing the sun come up, I knew it was time for me to wake up, we met up at the usual place then walked down the market  place, as usual. It had been only 6 days since I had arrived but, I feel like I have been here for years. Everyone had gotten used to me staying here, even Chiharu's superiors which detested me from the start as I had came from the enemy and sought refuge in their village. We talked about this for while, she wasn't confident but was firm that I was, alright and that everyone likes me. I looked down knowing that their hospitality towards me wasn't deserved and I was supposed to die, on that day I deserted. "You look cross Eiko, what are you thinking about?" "No, I'll.. deal with it." "Come on, tell me it's not like I'll tell anyone else. "Maybe we should, talk about this somewhere where I am more comfortable.." "Let's go back then, we'll talk about your problems." We then had a person calling Chiharu, I was confused. The person brought Chiharu to a private quarters as I, waited outside for her to return. When she return she quickly brought me outside and to somewhere where no one would hear us. "We got a new mission, I can bring a partner with me for this mission. Would you mind coming with me Eiko?" "Yes, let's do this." "So here's the plan, we are not going on small scale sabotage missions, we are going to the capital and assassinating an official that wants us removed. Here we have some money so we can buy some disguises for the urban environment and the posh lifestyle of the city. " I gave her a thumbs up and we made on with our journey. We set off by taking the train at a nearby railway station that led all the way to the capital. We of course snuck onto the train, as we didn't have any train tickets and we did not want to be found out. We laid back on the coal that was being transported and tries to take naps as we were being brought to our objective. The next day we were still being transported, I sat back awake from our sleep, I realised that my location had changed from the coal, to one of the beds. Chiharu was still sleeping, I had never seen her sleep, so I kept from waking her up and causing a commotion. When she woke up, she seemed well rested, but when she looked up at me she asked how long I had been awake for. I assured her that I am a person who likes to wake up early and that I was just looking tired. When we finally arrived, we were amazed by the blinding lights of the city that we were in, large tall buildings blanketed the sky with their ever shining lights flickering on and off, we looked at the map. For the directions to the area and we discussed how we should approach this mission. We quickly made our way to a tailor to get our appropriate outfits for the mission. Our outfits were not going to fit the atmosphere of the city with Chiharu's  armour, and my army uniform was not going to match the style. I got a dress coat, in full black with it's twin tails swaying in the wind. Chiharu wanted to match my look so it would be easier to spot one another, but the tailor suggest a dress for her as dress coats weren't available, she selected a black dress which she thought suited her the best, we went to the hairdressers next (yes they do have hair but I'm lazy), having my hair go all natural, has made a spiral type shape, Chiharu's hair was well-maintained, but when her hair untied would reach down to the length below her waist so I suggested that she should take a bit of a trim. Afterwards, we walked down the road, sometimes getting lost in alleys, when the map highlighted those. We finally found the location the event was set for tomorrow so we found somewhere to rest, till the gala event. We didn't want to walk down the roads of the city anymore so we just found a bench and started sleeping. Once we heard the roaring of cars we woke up and snuck around, we didn't have any invitations so we would not be able to go through the front, we saw that window was open so I boosted up Chiharu, and afterwards she pulled me up, and we snuck through the window and hid behind the walls as we made our way to a spare able where the host will be giving a speech. "Let's welcome our esteemed guest, who is also sponsoring this gala event, so let's welcome him here." As the guest appeared he was met with an applause. Chiharu got close to me and whispered, "That's the person we want to take down, once the lights go out and the dancing start we can start doing some reconnaissance." We went with this course of action as soon as the lights dimmed down. We tried hard to blend but neither of us not having gone to an event before were very inexperienced. We saw that our target was moving into his private quarters, so I concocted a plan. One of us had to go into the staff quarters get a uniform so we are able to get enough clearance to get through. But she suggested another more stealthy approach she suggested we go back outside and try to get in by the balcony that connects to the room. Unknowingly, Chiharu asked me to dance, I was confused as I did not know why she was doing this, "She said maybe you could teach me a thing or two about dancing while we wait." I was reluctant but I started showing her how to dance on the fly.