Chap 4 (Japan's perspective plan 1)

After our dance, we walked over to a corner where we could discuss our plans in private, Chiharu sighed and said that she would follow my plan as her plan was a bit far fetched. She then told me about how the guards worked and when they would move away. We knew that we had limited time, so we quickly got into the staff quarters to get some uniforms. Chiharu heaved a sigh of relief and said, "Finally, I am out of that suffocating dress." We walked out trying to blend in with the servants we went through the door where Chiharu said the target had went through, we saw the backs of one of the guards, and snuck around them as killing one of them would alert everyone. We went through a shortcut as they were walking in another direction then we quickly hid in a store room. The guards walked past us as we saw through the cracks of the door. We knew we were getting close, but someone snuck up behind us as we tailed the guards, they asked for our identification, I gave Chiharu the signal to distract him while I took him out, she started pretending to search while I quickly subdued him. She gestured for me to put the body inside the store room we were hiding in. We continued following till they stopped at large red doors. Chiharu said that she would go around to the other side and distract one of the  guards as she takes out one after I take the other guard out. I pretended to be sweeping the floor by using a nearby broom that I saw, I then heard the noise of something metal falling on the ground this diverted one of the guards to check the position as the other guard watching I subdued him I also heard the thudding of a body on the other side, Chiharu walked over giving me a thumbs up as we brought them all to the store room. Once we were done we entered the room and our target was inside, the official asked whether anyone was asking for him, we walked closer to him giving no reply, he backed off towards the balcony asking for help but nobody could hear him as the music in the hall was too loud, we tossed him over the edge of the balcony basically ending his life as he touched the floor, we quickly fled the scene, putting back on our formal wear, and running off and blending back into the crowd when the body was found and a commotion stirred, we were already on a train this time able to get onto a passenger train by getting a ticket and lying back in our seats rewarding our operation with a bit of rest.  We woke up the next morning and immediately we took our breakfast from the carriage that was serving food then I stayed in the private quarters as Chiharu roamed around through the carriages at the same time watching where our location was by natural landmarks. We then sat and chatted in the private quarters as we waited. We sat down bored at night I asked Chiharu, "Want to play in a drinking game? Loser does a forfeit." "Alright bring it on!" We bought two bottles of rice wine and started taking some shots, it was all going well until the 5th shot my stomach didn't like taking this much liquor. Chiharu teased me, "Eiko can't finish 5 shots? So weak." I managed to drink 5 more shots before I gave in and Chiharu drinking 13 shots. We were both physically and mentally wasted. Chiharu seemed to be taking more of a hit than me, when she almost tumbled to the ground. I quickly rushed forward to go catch her before she touched the floor. It left us in an awkward situation where our faces were close together her face seemed numb I felt like going a bit closer, both of us blushed a deep maroon red as we were stuck in that position no one was around so i could.. but I knew it was the wine taking effect so I quickly shook off that theory and quickly brought her back to our private quarters, we shared the same bed so it was really uncomfortable but I managed to sleep the thought off. I was  woken up by Chiharu next day she was already fully dressed I told her to quickly go outside as I quickly changed back into my uniform, I then gave her a mug of water for me and for her to sober up and be more alert. We quickly ran out of the cabins at the next train stop, Chiharu brought me down the market place as per usual then we reported back to Chiharu's superiors. I was asked to wait outside but I distinctly hear Chiharu and her superior having a bit of a feud. When Chiharu stepped out, her face was solemn, her eyes red I quickly consoled her, "It's fine your superior doesn't realise how work we put just on the field and during the preparation, it's alright. Its my fault for convincing you to follow with my plan i should have just stuck to yours" She talked to me as teared rolled her eyes as I consoled her. "It's alright I just.. want to go home. And think this through." I accompanied her to her home and we said our farewells. I unhappily looked in her direction as if her blues were getting brought on to me, I thought about last night and the nights before, they were all enjoyable, but if only I had known what was happening behind the scenes then Chiharu wouldn't need to suffer. I walked on my daily routine the next day, without Chiharu I felt empty her usual chippering was filled with a deep void of black, without her it was very difficult to be positive her attitude is what has had me going, but now that she isn't here I felt nothing, no compassion no happiness just nothing..