14- Group Chat

We left the laser tag place defeated yet still happy with a score of 1-13. We won the round that time because Andrew said time out when there wasn't time outs in the rules of the game we set up. Everyone but him were fooled and he eliminated all of them in seconds. Maybe next time we go play laser tag we shouldn't play with professionals probably two times our age.

"The last stop out here is the aquarium!" I said excitedly once we were back to the bikes.

"I still don't know why you wanted to go to the boring aquarium, Lea. We could have gone to the movies or something actually entertaining. I'd rather just go there to eat and study for school early." Maya whined.

"Fine, but if you are going to do that you have to convince one of us to go with you." Lea said back, confident that nobody would leave.

"Clara, if we leave I'll sneak in cookies for you tonight." She said in a very convincing way. Well, at least to me. 

"Anything for more cookies!" I said, clinging on to Maya's arm. She held me back.

"Seriously though?" Lea asked me.

"I loved those cookies and she is risking so much to get them for me so why not?" I said.

"Fine. You know since it's only 5 in the afternoon, you'll have to study in the library for four or more hours at most." Andrew said. They were really trying to convince me to look at boring sea and freshwater animals swimming in circles and ignoring us.

"I'll study for the rest of my life. What will a couple measly hours added to that do. We all got in because we are good students so Clara and I will prove it!" Maya said, defending herself with a smile of triumph.

"Fine, I'm not going to argue anymore. You wouldn't listen anyway." Lea said, finally defeated. 

"Yes, that is right. I should have a reality show of how awesome I am." After she said that I let go of her. When she saw my face of disgust, she laughed on instinct which made me laugh. Soon all of us were laughing for no reason at all.

"Clara and I are getting fish filet sandwiches for dinner. Care to join us?" Maya said in a menacing tone.

"I'd rather look at alive fish for your information." Andrew said. How could she change moods so fast, I wondered.

"Oh well, let's get inside ready." Maya said, upset like a toddler. She pouted and tried to act cute but it was way too much cringe so we ignored her and went in. 

By the time Maya went in with all of us, the image of her pouting was engraved in my head. Although we weren't going to look around for long we still had to pay an admission fee. 

"Are you sure that the food is good or is it just nasty museum food?" I asked, realizing we are about to eat food from a literal aquarium.

"Trust me, the food here is amazing. A restaurant partnered with this place after losing their plot. They pay less rent and they get fresh food to serve." 

"What do you mean by 'fresh food'?"

"Oh gosh Clara, there is a garden out back." She said, pushing me gently.

"Ah well, let's watch those fish swim for a bit." I said, guiding her to the freshwater section.

Overall, I can understand that people enjoy aquariums. But for me personally, I can't really enjoy them much anymore after "The Horror Trip of 8th Grade" which will not be specified for now. Just know that I could not sleep well for months after that. 

After a good 10 minutes of watching a single fish swim in a dim tank, we decided to get our early dinner.

"Since we're such good friends now, we should exchange numbers. I'll put you into the group chat." Maya said, as we walked.