1- The Same

You know that feeling when something drastic is going to happen which will change your whole life? Well, I don't. Maybe I'd learn about it soon. My mind wandered as the ground moved underneath my feet taking me to the rabbit store. 

"HELLO THERE" Mrs. Wynter yelled as I floated through the doorway. 

"Ooh. I'm just here for some glitter tree." I said angrily, putting my hands on my hips. 

"If you want it then you can go get it!" she said back just as angry. 

"Do you think I can count to octagon? Ha ha ha! I can't! Why would you ask me that stupid question?!" I reached to choke her, but I grabbed air instead of her neck and fell off my bed.

"Nice one," My twin sister said, adjusting her sleeves. "Maybe next time you try reaching for my phone, try harder." She taunts, shaking her phone right in front of my tired eyes. 

"I didn't even want your stupid phone." I replied getting annoyed. I sat up trying to adjust the early morning natural blue light coming from our window. She smirked at me from a couple feet away making her green eyes shine with mischief. 

"Why are you older than me? No, no, how are you older than me?" I asked, completely done with my identical twin.

"Maybe it's because I like taking risks, unlike you." She said completely facing me, pointing at her pink-

"OH MY DIVINA! Did you dye your bangs and roots without Aunt Jess' permission?!" I said realizing that her bangs and roots were now a light shade of pink.

 "Maybe.." she replied, brushing off her shoulder length blonde hair and picking her school bag.

"You better get up, it's 7:15." She stated in a cheerful voice skipping out of our shared bedroom.

I got off my bed quickly and fell straight to the hardwood floor, sending a wave of laughter from the apartment hall. School starts at 7:30 and our apartment is within walking distance from the school, (thank goodness we live in the city!), but I like to take my time on my way.

Getting up from the floor, I raced to the hallway bathroom and locked the door. Taking off my light pink pj set and turning on the water for my shower I undid my braid. I know I can't take a long time to get ready, so I went in head first into the shower and almost completely froze. 

Cold water. Nice.

Just what I need to kick off this day that was turning out awful. I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in my towel in order to brush my teeth speedily. Being in tenth grade out of the entire K-12 student body really puts a label on what is expected of you. Thank goodness it's Friday.

Going back inside my room I started to hastily put on my outfit for the day. In the end I was wearing a white sweater with a single yellow star on it, light blue ripped jeans (thank goodness we live in the neo-royale times), and some yellow sneakers. Reaching into my jewelry case, I put on my favorite pair of diamond studs. Then finally grabbing my black school bag, I was ready to go.

Racing down the hall trying to put my hair that went to my mid back in a low ponytail, I reached the kitchen and stuffed an apple in my mouth and ran out the door.

I looked down to see the time on my phone as I was running for my life down the sidewalk.

7:31!!!

How on Divina-

But it wouldn't be so bad, would it?

Literally 5 minutes later

"And that's why you'll be receiving a lunch detention and a call home. You understand Miss Tardy Every Single Day Clara?" Ms. Jane said with her annoying old lady voice, finishing off her daily lecture with me for waking up late. 

"Yes of course I do Ma'am." I replied back to her. "Then go sit down beside your seat partner, Iris." She said eyes wide open and visibly irritated. I walked down the aisle and heard a snicker.

I stepped on David's foot on purpose this time. 

Back at my seat Iris gave me a concerned look. "Why are you always so late? No...was it that glitter tree dream again?" she whispered as we wrote down notes from the board. 

"What else would it be?" I whispered back harshly.

"You should get a dream catcher or something like that. Maybe you should wish at the fountain?" She whispered to me, suggesting an idea. 

"Nah, you know that the fountain hasn't worked in centuries. Do you remember the last time it gave out knowledge gifts?" I said back trying my best to multitask and pull out my binder. 

"We'll talk about it later...at my house after school." Focusing back at the teacher I've realized that nothing has really changed from yesterday, or even years.

It seems like she is always wearing that tan pea coat with plum buttons, white tights, and mary janes. She always had on the same makeup look which was just dark lipstick and rosy blush, which makes her look even more dead than she is. I mean, who would hire a eighty-three year old to be an Divinian Language teacher? I bet the language has already changed like three times in the time she was alive. 

Then I noticed what Iris was wearing. She wore her naturally curly dark brown hair down but there were her warm violet tips to give it edge. She had grey eyes and a naturally stunning face (no need for makeup), but her glasses were what made her really standout. Today she wore a grey sweatshirt, and black sweatpants, all paired with olive green tennis shoes, oddly the same shade of my eyes and my sister's. She also had black and white sweatbands on her wrists.

I hate sports, how did I become friends with her? Well it's maybe it's because we are almost complete opposites in personality so we complete each other. Also since we're both obsessed with the same shows, music, and media.

The bell for switching classes gave me life as I finally got up from my seat. "Remember to read pages 91-100 and answer questions 1-13 for homework over the weekend." Ms. Jane said the students filed out of the room. Yesterday I really thought that today would be more interesting than the rest. Well what do I expect? Every day is the same.