12- Sunday's Thrill

After a good minute the tears stopped flowing. I patted my cheeks and wiped my tears away. I furrowed my brow and wondered why I just cried, instantly forgetting the reason. I slid away from my door and let out an exasperated sigh. I was letting my emotions get the best of me.

The weather forecast on my phone was relatively warm compared to the rest of the week (78°F/67°F) so I didn't need anything else to bring other than my bag with a bit of spending money (500 diamonds isn't technically 'a bit'), my phone, chewing gum, my access keys, id, and water (Stay hydrated please). I opened the door and Raven slipped down the door as I tried to open it. She gave an awkward chuckle as I gasped.

"O-oops?" She said scrabbling off the floor and fixing her hair.

"I guess you heard my little meltdown, huh?" I said feeling the embarrassment kick in.

"Yeah, that, and breakfast has been over and your friends are worried sick about you." She said with genuine concern.

I sighed. "I'll get something. Don't worry about me. I'll eat before I leave with Lea, Maya, and Andrew today."

"Okay, I have to go to my group practice which will take most of the day, so see you later tonight!"

She escaped before I could say goodbye or even a thing else to her. I saw her running out of the front door and heard the steps of her sneakers on the tile floor. Now feeling the after effects of crying a small headache formed. I shook my head and hoped it wouldn't last long. I left the dorm too and locked the door behind me. I'm glad we made plans on going out to their favorite places to have fun today yesterday at the cafe.

I walked to the cafe where my new friends were looking down at their phones. Lea wore a soft pink long sleeved crop top, denim jeans, and black sneakers. She put her hair into two matching high ponytails with soft pink sunglasses resting on her head and held a mini bag in between her fingers as she scrolled and held her phone. Andrew had his fluffy looking hair parted down the side again and wore a long sleeved collared black shirt under his indigo striped white sweater. He paired that with khaki colored pants that were rolled up a bit to show off his black socks and black shoes.

Maya wore a black and yellow dress with black boots and a black mini backpack. I saw her red ruby earrings so I felt my ears and felt relieved when I felt my favorite earrings still on. Her hair was down and she was in a deep trance staring into the void.

It's either Maya has excellent hearing like she bragged about or she was just looking for me. Either way, she was the first one to see me on my way there and practically ran my way.

"Oh my Divina, did you get caught yesterday?! This is why you should stick with us! We stay away from those things because they can cause us to be expelled from this school. Please tell me you didn't get detention on your first day on the campus!" She exclaimed, rapidly asking me questions and shaking me by holding my shoulders. I laughed and her face softened at me.

"Don't worry, the party stopped before we even got close to the roof. Ooh~~ Cookies?!" My eyes went wide as Lea came up and handed me cookies and a cup of coffee.

"Cookies so that you can eat and a cup of coffee because you look dead. Just kidding, it's to stay awake for today." She said to mess with me.

I didn't mind her joke and gratefully took a bite into the soft cookie. My eyes went wide at the perfect balance of chocolate chips in the cookie to the dough. We walked down the stairs to the front of the school where we bumped into Ms. Pear.

"Oh, hello students. Why aren't you in class?" She said glaring at us. She was wearing a flowery blouse and white trousers.

"Not to be rude but I know for sure that this isn't your break period so I would go back to your class if I were you." Andrew said back to her.