6. for happiness

{2 months later}

{2 months later}

"Jacob." I said as I knocked on his bedroom door.

"Come in." He said.

He was trying to put on a tie. I giggled and came over to him.

"You look pretty," he said.

"I'd say." Andy said as he stood at the doorway. I rolled my eyes and helped Jacob with his tie.

I kissed Jacobs forehead and he pulled me into a hug. We were the same bright which Andy always made fun of me for.

"I hope you win this." Jacob said.

"I know her lawyer she doesn't know what she's saying half of the time. I'll win." I said.

I pulled him back.

"Okay." He said.

I looked over at Andy who smiled softly. Jacob huffed.

"Let's go heart eyes." Jacob said to his dad. I chuckled and held Andy's arm as we walked out.

...................................................
"All rise for the judge, ms Longlie. Thank you. And we are here today for the custody of Jacob barber."

"Alright let's begin. I need ms. L/n and ms. Nelson's documents up here."

"Your honor my client has seemed to misplace her divorce papers so we do not have them here today. She assumes she lost it when moving." Amy Nelson said.

"Ms. L/n does your client have his?"

"Yes your honor." I said. "Permission to speak on custody matter?"

She nodded.

"Your honor today I have with me mr Andy barber, the father of the child. He is here to take full custody of the child for lack of parental support from ms barber. As I have heard from my client, the mother has left the child multiple times to fully fend for himself at her apartment, send her son to his fathers house on days that aren't his when she doesn't want to deal with him, and has kicked their son out at night after she comes home in the wee hours of the morning from the bar. My client has also expressed that she is wishing to move to Colorado, and he doesn't seem it fit for Jacob to go with." I said as I walked around. Laurie death stared me.

"I see. Ms Nelson do you have any information regarding this to be untrue?"

"No your honor, but what I do have is that ms l/n is currently working beside Andy barber at a law firm. I have also done research that she has changed her Facebook profile from single to in a relationship." Amy said. I scoffed.

"Objection irrelevance." I said.

"Granted. Ms Nelson how does ms l/ns Facebook profile have anything to do with the custody of Jacob barber?"