14

ag

i heard the garage door open and looked over at jack. "wait here baby." i said. jack's cute, but idk if either of us would be good for each other. i went out the door to go down stairs to meet my mom and bryan. i gave my mom a hug and smiled at bryan. "mom, there's someone i want you to meet. she's really cool and stuff, but she's going through a lot right now so just don't ask her any invading questions please." i said. it's the least i can do. jack just exposed a big part of herself to me and i can't imagine how she feels. my mom looked at me with the face she always does when i mention a girl. i roll my eyes. "mom! she's just my friend. be cool." i said. she laughed and turned to bryan. "why are you guys home so early?" i ask. it wasn't an issue, i just thought i had more time alone with jack. we hadn't talked about what happened, but from the way everything was going this morning, i think its fine. "our flight got canceled and we would have to stay there for another week, and we couldn't because bryan's sister is getting married and we need to be there. speak of which, could you come with us? i know you like your summer break time, but we would love for you to come." she said. lowering her voice, "you could even bring your special friend." she said. i rolled my eyes and went back upstairs to see if jack was ok.

as i got into the room, she had just gotten up and was on her phone. she looked up, her big brown eyes looking back at me. i ran to the bed and jumped on her, kissing her all over. she was laughing so loud i bet my mom could hear. i gave her some clothes and told her to come downstairs when she was ready. she nodded and i went back downstairs to see what my mom was doing. i helped her unpack and started laundry.  im kinda scared for whats gonna happen. i know my mom can be invasive sometimes. she doesn't mean to, she's just being nice. jack walked slowly down the stairs, in my clothes. i went over, realizing she probably hadn't eaten in 3-4 days and helped her sit down at our bar stools. she was all smiley and sitting there like a puppy.

as my mom walked in, she looked at jack and glanced at me. jack was really nervous and held my arm. so cute. "so jack, how did you two meet? where do you live? how's school? catch me up." jack smiled, still holding onto me. "well, we met at ralph's and i live about 10 minutes away from here. um, considering school just ended, im good." she looked up at me, smiling. she glanced over at my mom, her smile fading. she remembered something. probably bad. she turned to me, "i need to leave right now." she whispered. i nodded, not asking any questions. i told my mom we were going out and we would be back.

when we were in the car alone, i turned to her. "jack, what's wrong? was it something i did?" i asked. i'm scared i made her mad or something. i do not want to be the reason she hurts herself. her eyes were shiney with tears. she had already told me how much she hated crying in front of people. " i'm just so sorry." she said, not even looking at me. "baby, for what?" i asked. she has literally done nothing wrong. "for everything. i mean, i'm a fucking mess and i don't deserve you. you're perfect and all i do is fuck things up. it's always my fault. and i can't help it. i'm sorry." she said. 

a/n hey guys this is a shorter chapter