Chapter 14

(Rascal's Point of View)

When I got home from the meeting. I knew Esther would have mixed feelings. 

But I didn't expect her to completely ignore me. 

She sat on the edge of her side of the bed, facing the window. I came in and quickly got dressed in comfier clothes. I sat on the bed and when I touched her shoulder, she shrugged off my hand. 

I'm not gonna lie, it hurt me and pissed off Rux.

"Esther, look at me. I know that you saw him. Tell me what you are thinking."

She didn't say a word. She didn't even move.

I went around the bed and kneeled in front of her.

She had tear stains on her face and shirt. My poor Kitten.

"Esther. Look at me, please." She sighed, got up and began walking away from me. I followed her, but soon stopped in my tracks. 

'Don't follow me.'

What can I do? 

*Hours ago*

I greeted Alpha Cohen and then we sat down. 

"Alpha Black, nice to meet you. What is the occasion?"

Just him talking made me sick, but I ignored it for the time being. 

"Alpha Cohen. I have a problem with you.." He stayed still and I continued. 

"I have multiple witnesses that state that your first born is female and that you have stripped her of her future title. Also there has been talk of you abusing her and you commanding your pack to do the same." He growled at me. 

"Where is that rotting little bitch."

 I held in a growl much to Rux's dismay. He wanted to proclaim that she's ours, but I'm not going to do that yet.

"She came on to my land, running from something. Because she didn't smell like a rogue, so we treated her and offered her a place in the pack, but she denied it and kept running." He groaned. "Fucking hell, which direction did she go? She ran the night before I was going to sell her as a sex slave." 

Once he said that, it took everything in me to calm Rux. 

"You have two options, pup. Disband your sorry excuse of a pack. Or I will invade your land and kill ever man, woman and pup; including you. 

I have a zero tolerance for the way you treated your daughter. I have already brought it up to the counsel and they agree. 

You have three days."

**************************************************************

I gave him an ultimatum but all Esther sees is that he came here.

(Esther's Point of View)

I saw the one person I couldn't handle seeing. My father.

Rascal fucking made a meeting with that evil monster. After everything I told him and he does this?

Fuck him. 

I stripped and ran a bath, getting in. 

I heard banging on the bedroom door but I ignored it. It was locked anyway.

.

I couldn't breathe. 

And suddenly I could.

I felt a hand on the back of my head, holding me up. I coughed up some water and gasped. Rascal was in the bathtub, hovering over me. He looked terrified. 

"Esther, are you alright?" I couldn't speak, I was too tired to link him. I just wanted to sleep. I looked to the side and saw the door was shattered. 

He literally broke through the door. 

I looked back at him and noticed he was shaking. 

"Esther. With our mate bond, even though we've never kissed, I still feel when you are in pain. When I felt like it was hard to breathe, I knew you couldn't breathe." 

A tear escaped his eye and he asked. 

"What were you thinking? Were you trying to kill yourself." 

I couldn't speak and couldn't link him. He must of thought that I did. He was still supporting my head and he looked heartbroken. 

After a few more minutes of silence, he lifted me out of the tub, dressed me, and put me in our bed. 

(Rascal's Point of View)

She didn't say a word to me. 

I hope she didn't try to kill herself. I hope she got in to relax and fell asleep. 

I couldn't sleep. I watched her throughout the night. Making sure nothing happened to her.