Chapter 17

(Esther's Point of View)

It's been over two months since Rascal found me.

He treats me like his prized treasure.

I love it.

But I've only kissed him. I feel like i'm holding him back. 

I know he wants to mark and mate, but he's waiting until i'm ready. He's had to stop himself multiple times and I feel bad.

I walked downstairs and went outside and just sat down on the steps. 

I heard growling and knew it was Rascal. But this time it was different. It was fucking scary. 

"WHO TOOK HER?" 

What was he talking about. 

I walked in as quietly as I could, I saw that people were frantic and he was flipping furniture, screaming and roaring. 

His eyes weren't black or blue. 

They were silver. 

That was new.

I cautiously went near him, he didn't even see me.

"Ras? Honey?" He whipped his head around and his eyes met mine. His eyes changed to black and then to blue. He took me and pinned me to a wall. He padded me down and looked me up and down, most likely seeing if I was hurt. 

He sighed and kissed me, roughly then i'd prefer. 

"What's wrong?" 

He sighed frustrated. "I thought you were taken, i'm sorry." 

*****************************************************************************

I sat down with Ras and he knew something was off. 

"Esther?" 

I just shook it off. I can't just blurt it out. I wanted it to happen naturally. 

I rolled over and got in a comfortable position. 

"Can I cuddle you?"

 I nodded at his question.

 "I don't know what is going on in that little head of yours, but when your comfortable, you can tell me."