CHAPTER 5

The next day of dragon training the arena was set up like a maze. Hela, Fenrir and Gobber were up on the stand watching Hiccup and the others trying to avoid a Deadly Nadder.

"Hey, you know, I just happened to notice the book had nothing on Night Furies. Is there another book, or a sequel? Maybe a Night Fury pamphlet" Hiccup asks Gobber but his axe blade gets blasted by the Nadder startling him.

"Focus Hiccup, you're not even trying," Gober tells him as the Nadder charges at him, "Today is all about ATTACK, Nadders are quick and light on their feet. Your our job is to be quicker and lighter"

The Nadder jumps on the wooden walls of the maze and sees Fishlegs. It spikes up its tail spikes and fires them at him making him block with his shield.

"I am really starting to question your teaching methods," Fishlegs says as he runs from the Nadder.

"Look for it's blind spot! Every dragon has one. Find, it hide in it and strike" Gobber tells them while Hela is focused so no one is seriously hurt dragon or human. The twins round a corner coming face to face with the Nadder but it doesn't see them since they are in its blind spot.

"Ugh, do you ever bathe," Ruffnut asks her brother.

"If you don't like it, then just get your own blind spot" Tuffnut says as they start shoving each other.

"How about I give you one," Ruffnut says as she headbutts him. The Nadder growls getting their attention and they dodge it's fire breath.

"Blindspot yes, deaf spot, not so much, hehehe". Gobber says.

" Hey, so, how would one sneak up on a Night Fury?" Hiccup asks not focusing at all making Hela sigh in frustration.

"No one's ever met one and lived to tell the tale now get in there," Gobber tells him.

"I know, I know but hypothetically," Hiccup says walking backwards.

"Hiccup, get down" Astrid whispers at him as she and Snotlout are hiding from the Nadder. Astrid and Snotlout roll to the other side, Hiccup tries to do the same but the weight of his shield pulls him back getting the Nadder's attention making him run away screaming.

"Watch out, babe, I'll take care of this" Snotlout says as he pushes Astrid to the side and throws his Mace at the dragon completely missing it and the Nadder making laughing noses 'Even the dragon knows he's a muttonhead' Hela thought with a chuckle.

"The sun was in my eyes, Astrid. What do you want me to do, block out the sun. uhh, I could do that but I don't have time," he says as the Nadder fires and chases after them. It runs into the maze wall making everything tumble down.

"Has anyone seen one napping?" asks ignoring everyone that's bumping into him.

"HICCUP" Gobber and Hela yell as they see the wall falling towards Hiccup. He tries to move out of the way but Astrid falls on top of him her axe being lodged into his shield. Hela sees the Nadder heading towards them the same time Astrid sees it and tries to get her axe out of Hiccup's shield. She takes it with the shield but before she can hit the Nadder Hela jumps into the arena and grabs it by the tail before swinging it back to its cage without using too much force.

"Is this some kind of a joke to you, our partner's war is about to become ours figure out which side you're on" Astrid scolds Hiccup before walking away frustrated and angry.

"Sigh, You have to focus on this training little brother because one wrong move and you can be seriously hurt or worse," Hela tells him as she helps him up.

"I'm sorry sis, I was just curious that's all" Hiccup says.

"I know because you wouldn't be Hiccup if you weren't," Hela says with a smile making him chuckle.
____________________________________________
Hela finds Astrid hacking away at a tree angrily. As she got closer she stepped on a twig making Astrid turn around and throw her axe in the direction of the sound. Hela caught the axe handle with the blade a few inches away from her face and she didn't look phased at all.