CHAPTER 12

Fire, smoke and commotion goes on the village of berk as the upper level of the blacksmith shop is engulfed in flames.

Vikings run from house to house carrying buckets of water, shouting orders at each other. Hoark a muscular Viking shouts to the crowd.

“FIRE” Hoark.

“Get the buckets” someone yells.

“To the ocean” another one adds.

“What happened?" someone asks as Snotlout and his monstrous nightmare fly overhead, carrying a barrel of water and pours it over the topside of the blacksmith shop.

“The wind is shifting! Fire brigade, move! Bring the Nadder in from the south” Stoick orders.

“I'm on it” Astrid says as she flies down on Stormfly who is carrying a bucket of water as well. She drops it on the flames extinguishing most of it.

“Gronckles, aim for the remaining spots on the roof” Hela orders as a group of 6 Gronckles being led by Troels plus Fishlegs and his Gronckle move in and extinguish the rest of the fire.

“Good work” Stoick says as Hiccup and Toothless land next to him.

"where's Gobber? Was he still inside?” Hiccup asks worried.

"No we can't find him..... " Stoick says before being interrupted by Gobber’s voice.

“I'm right here,” Gobber says as he walks over with a wheelbarrow full of weapons. “That beast will pay for this”

"Gobber, what happened?” Hiccup asks.

"What beast are you talking about?” Hela asks.

“what's it look like, a dragon set my house on fire” Gobber answers shocking everyone.

"What? " Ruffnut says.

"You pushed me too far this time, You ugly bag of bones,” Gobber says making Stoick sigh in frustration.

“Dad, what is he talking about?” Hiccup asks.

“Yeah, our dragons don't do that anymore” Hela adds as she pets Fenrir making him yip happily as he drops the bucket he was carrying on his mouth even though it was empty.

“He doesn't mean one of yours,” Stoick tells them before turning to Gobber. “Gobber, for the last time, there's no such thing as–”

"Boneknapper!?” Gobber says as murmurs and groans pass through the crowd. They've heard that name too many times.

“A what- kidnapper?” Tuffnut says confused.

“A disgusting, foul beast. Wearing a coat of stolen bones like a giant, flying skeleton,” Gobber tells them.

"Ooh ooh ooh, The dragon manual says that the boneknapper will stop at nothing to find the perfect bone to build its coat of armor. It's awesome,” Fishlegs says.

"Come on, it's just a myth, it doesn't even exist,” Stoick says with a chuckle.

“Um, dad if it's mentioned in the dragon manual it exists or it did at some point,” Hela says.

"She's right, it's real! I've been running from him my whole life, he's the one that started this fire” Gobber says.

And at this moment, a Viking walks up to Stoick, carrying fire-charred underpants on a stick.

“Stoick, we found Gobber’s underpants hanging by the stove. They must have started the fire” The Viking says making everyone laugh heartedly.

“Still think it's the Boneknapper or just your underpants?” Stoick asks.

“I don't think! I know! Somehow he found me again. That Dragon is pure evil,” Gobber says.

"Gobber, it's late and we're too tired for your stories. Now, get some rest” Stoick tells him.

“You rest, I'm putting an end to this” Gobber says as he grabs his underpants and stuffs them in the wheelbarrow. He rolls off in a huff, leaving the village behind.

As he reaches the ramps to the docks, he beckons Phil, his sheep, to follow. “Come on, Phil. Let's go. We don't need their help anyway”

"Baa”

Hela and Hiccup watch as he leaves, while stock and the others start walking away behind them.

Hela sighs, "We can't let him go by himself”

"Alright, Vikings, grab your shields” Hiccup tells them making them excited.

“You don't mind if I join you right” a new voice says close to Hiccup making him jump before stumbling over his words when he sees who it is.