Chapter 12: Dead or the Undead

Jesse and I were enjoying time being wrapped in each other's arms as we laid on the bed we just made love in when Jesse sprang up, ran over to the door and put his ear to it

"What's wrong, Jesse?"

"I don't hear anything downstairs. No heart beats, voices or breathing. It's like the house is empty." Jesse told me.

"But the others should still be here. I know they wouldn't leave without an explanation as to why I dragged you upstairs and vampire proofed the room so they couldn't get in." I explained. But as I stopped to listen I heard that he was right. There was no loud voices, no banging on the door to let them in, no voices from the TV as they wait for us, there was nothing.

Jesse made a move to leave but I stopped him and pulled him back, he just looked at me confused.

"Let me look." I asked but he shook his head.

"Ethan, someone could be down there and I have the better chance of winning a fight." He told me. We both knew that this was true but I never said I was leaving the room.

"Who said I was going down there?" He looked at me confused.

"My powers have been growing, I can do more than just have visions now. Grandma Weir has been helping me and now I think it's a good idea to test my training." He nodded and I took that as my green light. Closing my eyes I took in a breath and felt my powers bubbling inside of me. I opened my eyes and they were pure white but what I saw wasn't complete light, it was the hallway outside of my room, like I was on the other side of the door. My powers now allowed me to see beyond my line of sight, I've never had to use this power until now.

Slowly like I was walking, I moved forward and down the stairs. Looking to the kitchen I saw nothing so I turned to the living room and I saw something I never wanted to see. Xavier was standing alone in the middle of the room, looking out to the windows, smiling at himself. Looking over there myself my eyes widened when I saw them all fighting a hoard of vampires and things weren't looking good, Jesse and I needed to get out there and help them.

With a gasp I was back in my body with Jesse looming over me concerned, he obviously noticed the scared look on my face.

"It's Xavier, he's here." I told him, fear laced in with my voice.

"Your powers have grown Ethan, I could feel your presense down here. Now you and Jesse come down or your friends will get hurt." A voice called up to us, it was him. We made sure the mark was covered before we made our way downstairs, Jesse's arm wrapped firmly around my waist and mine around his. When we reached the living room we were now face to face with our personal devil.