#006 • 𝕀𝕟𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕕

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆

"...after that the crystal turned blue and there were no longer signs of corruption." We explain to the Favonius duo. Their eyes widen in wonder, as they take a minute to process the information.

"So, Aether, you're basically saying that you have and ability to purify corrupted materials, and that you used that ability to cleans the crystal of the impurities? Not only that, but you didn't even know you had this ability in the first place?" Jean questions, glancing over to Aether, but soon enough turns her gaze over to myself, "And (Y/n)... you're like Aether in the fact that you're not from this world? Huh... and all this time, I thought that you were a god of some sort..." To which we both nod.

We are currently heading straight to the Four Winds temples, with Lisa and Jean. Paimon and seem to be interested in the conversation between the two, so I just slow my pace to take in the scenery. It's been so long since I've last been in Mondstadt, and even longer if I include the 500 years I've been asleep.

The soft lull of the breeze lightly whistles past my ears and gently weaves through the (h/l) (h/c) locks upon my head. I close my eyes, as a warm familiarity fills my heart, sensing the wind guiding me. Knowing all too well that, even if he may be at the other side of the land, Barbatos' protective gales will still reach me, and that he knows and redirects every hazard that may have come my way.

'Good luck', his comforting voice hums.

"Thank you", I whisper in return, eyes still shut in content.

All of a sudden, I bump into a sturdy frame. Opening my eyes, I had tripped over Aether's foot, yet he held me up, preventing me from landing on the stoned steps.

"A-ah, thank you."

His soft eyes gaze into my own, a worried look still held within from earlier's conversation, "No worries... Hey, are you sure you're alright with this? You can turn back at anytime, no one will blame you."

My own becoming one of confidence and determination, "I'm certain."

Aether sighs, "Very well then."

"We're here." Jean speaks, directing our attention to the domain before us. A feeling of dread washes over me, as I stare at every detail on the engraved stone doors. My confidence nearly slips, remembering how I had only recently been rescued after being locked away, in one of these, for so long.

I glance up, to see the shape of a falcon, etched into the stone structure. 'Ah the temple of the falcon. That reminds me, I wonder how Vanessa has been. I hope her wings have carried her far.'

Soon enough, the large and sturdy doors groan open, to an ominous mist typical of domains. Footsteps of those in the team March forth, into the dark unknown. As I follow in suit, a gentle yet strong, hand slithers it's way to embraces my own. Already knowing that it's the blonde outlander, I inch closer into the domain, as he inches closer to myself.

─────・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────

I groan, flopping down onto my sleeping bag, and cuddling into the warmth. Paimon's actions reflect my own, as she cuddles into a bag of her own. "Hey (Y/n), do you know why we only went to three of the four temples today? Paimon's confused, where's the fourth one?" The small being questions, her voice quiet for once, as tiredness clearly overwhelms her.

"Ah- the temple of the dragon? Yeah- I know- about that." I speak between yawns, my eyes feeling droopy and my body numb. "We didn't go because- because... becau-"