#007 • 𝕋𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 ℙ𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕣𝕒

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆

"Paimon! We need to go! Stop eating!" I announce, becoming irritated. He had packed up the camp, and we're ready to head off, yet the gluttonous female is keeping us waiting. All because of some damned chicken skewers...

"(Y/n)~ Can't I just leave without finishing these off, they're too tasty!" She whines, flailing a handful in the air, "Here! You can have some too!" She giggles, a large grin spread across her petite face.

I sigh, knowing she won this time. She is well aware that she and I are quite similar, in the fact that we are both easily persuaded by food. "Fine fine. You know I can never say no to that adorable face." I mumble, squeezing one of the female's cheeks, which just results in her smirk widening even further. If that's even possible.

Just as I am about to bite into one of the skewers, a shadow looms over my shoulder, an irritated aura oozing off of such figure. "I thought I had told you to convince Paimon to stop eating and to get moving. I don't remember asking you to join her..."

"A-Aether... H-hi... It's been a good morning hasn't it? The weather's sunny and there's a nice breeze, don't you think? He-he."

His agitated aura eventually dissipates upon realisation of how I still seem quite shaken up over the events that transpired earlier. Perhaps I seem to be in denial about the scene we had just witnessed. "Hey, as I said before, it may have just been a dead animal... A hunter probably stepped in the blood, when carrying it away." His hand rests upon my shoulder, thumb drawing circles in an attempt to soothe my worries.

"I know, but I can't help but feel that it was more than that. That it was... a murder."

"The longer you think about it, the more convinced you will be and the more worried you will feel. So, try to forget about it for now. We can go to Springvale and check with people there, once we are done in the city. Will that help you feel better about it?" His voice laced with a gentle and comforting tone, yet eyes still not meeting my own, and haven't done so since the incident.

"Aether?" I question, yet he sits there, staring off into the woods. "Aether..." Still no answer... "Aether." This time, my own hand sits upon his shoulder, shaking him gently. His eyes suddenly flutter, as he pivots his head towards me. "Is... everything okay?"

"Ah, sorry (Y/n), I didn't mean to ignore you there. Just lost in thought." The male smiles gently, hand brushing across my face, tucking a stray hair behind my ear. "Don't worry too much, they're not going to be able to do it again. Me and the others will protect you."

As long as I am here, I will make sure that no one will ever lay a hand on you...

"Thank you. Just make sure that you keep yourself safe too." I mumble, gently grasping his free hand.

Aether just chuckles, ruffling my hair gently, "Anyways, I think that it's time we head to the city, we've still got to check with Venti on the rest of the plan, after all."

"Yes, let's head over immediately, we don't know how much longer until the next attack is, and I want to resolve this before things take a turn for the worst." I hum, before grasping my belongings and heading onward towards Mondstadt.

Eventually, we make it to the centre, where the statue of Barbatos towers. It's hight casting a shadow on all those stood beneath, including the famed bard, of which is currently playing tunes to those around himself.

Once his eyes catch my own, he immediately concludes the tune, notifying his observers how he is done for the day, before soon sprinting off in my direction.