#010 • 𝔹𝕣𝕦𝕥𝕒𝕝 𝔼𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣

Warning! ⚠️ Gore. Death. Spoilers. Swears.

Gore: 6/10

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆

A lyre's lone song whistles in the wind, like a siren lulling in their sea sailing prey. It's sound echoing, the gales carrying its tune, and amplifying its sound. A cry resonates in return, the prelude to the beastly head that soars up from beneath the large stone structure beneath our feet. It's movements causing a powerful updraft, which nearly sends us off of our feet.

After finally holding still, to levitate before us, it's voice is finally heard. A voice so loud, it sounds like thunder. "What you seek cannot be fixed. You must reap what you have sown, so don't try to avoid your punishment." It threatens, yet all hostility falls on deaf ears instead, the young bard chooses to focus on the sorrow that swirls in its sharp eyes.

"Dvalin... Please listen to me. This was not of our own choice." The male calls, beckoning, hoping that even the simplest of apologies may get him somewhere. But before he could even properly explain, the dragon interrupts.

Rearing it's head up along with its craned neck, it fires off a barrage of attacks, causing the platforms around us to fracture and grow unsteady. Each crevice of the stone now being imbued with searing power.

At haste, we leap for the other platform at our side, this one not seeming to be affected by the attack.

Venti was the first one to prepare a counter attack, drawing his bow, the arrowhead infused with Anemo. My eyes widen at the sight, blood running cold at the thought that one of my closest friends was going to try to harm the other. I couldn't get a good look at the male's face due to a shadow being cast upon his features.

He shoots...

The arrow whistling through the stormy sky, it's power causing a teal light to streak behind it. I flinch and seal my eyes shut as it draws near, my heart thumping in trepidation.

A roar echoes, it's pain clear as day.

Taking a quick peek, I realise... he was not aiming to harm at all. The target all along was the purple growth on its neck. It seems that we had missed a spot from before.

The beast cries out before slumping onto the platform before us. Non of us missing a beat as some scale up its neck, while me and venti aim our shots from below.

A burst of light envelopes us as our attacks all react with one another's. A dark mist coving the targeted area slowly disperses, unveiling the now purified area.

Due to its now weak body, the creature slowly slides off of the structure, causing it to crack and crumble beneath us, and for our bodies to plummet to ground below.

I try to unfold my glider, but the strong winds keep crumpling it back up. My mind becomes blank in a flurry of panic, eyes wide and a wail of fear escaping my throat. A fall from this height is certain death, even for mortals, but even for gods like myself and Venti, this is bound to cause some severe injuries.

Just as I see the ground closing in, and feel that all hope is lost, a loud roar echoes, followed by the large body of the dragon swooping in beneath me.

Gentle hands encapsulate my body, as they pull me close to their own. A sigh of relief escaping from the host. "Thank goodness we made it on time. I wouldn't have known what to do if I had lost you again." His voice soft, yet held dark undertones.

"(Y/n)! Are you alright?!", A pitchy voice exclaims, fear evident through the cracks in her voice. Another form enveloping me, yet this one much smaller than the last.