(9) Loose Ends

(3420 WCT)

Fun Fact: The beginning of this fanfic was supposed to be set on August 12th, my birthday.

________________________________

October 19, 2004
Nevada
2140 Hours
Third Person POV

A pair of soldiers laid amongst one of the various colorless cliffs of Nevada, their stomachs against its edge as they peered downwards at what existed below.

The duo's dark outfits with an array of glowing yellow lights proved them to be esteemed members of the infamous N51 organization, their category being overwatch to be exact.

The leftmost trooper held binoculars, acting as a spotter while the other stayed armed with a Sako TRG 42 rifle chambered in .338 Lapua.

Standing a little farther away from the precipice were a total of four more troopers, all of them classified as the basic recon personnel. These were the least dangerous of all N51 divisions, but that didn't mean they weren't efficient killing machines.

Each of the soldiers donned their respective assault rifles whilst awaiting in silence, their eyes constantly tracing the dull landscape for any possible aggressors.

Meanwhile, the spotter steadily kept his eyesight through his binoculars. He watched with peak precision, viewing what lay afar.

An estimated two kilometers away stood a black humvee driving awfully fast, its windshield cracked from the pelting of previous gunfire.

Manning its wheel was an AAHW agent unknowingly driving in direction of the posted group above, making the opportunity of a clear shot much easier.

In pursuit of this vehicle were a quartet of N51 recon units upon motorcycles built for rough terrain. They made sure to keep their distance, knowing their marksmen teams would soon act.

Speaking of such personnel, either overwatch personnel knew they were both prepared to exterminate this tango, seeing as how all the dire components such as range and distance were already determined.

Wind was also concluded, but that could soon alter due to Nevada's unpredictable wind pattern. It was strange the place even had such breezes, seeing how it didn't have an atmosphere

Suddenly, an incoming transmission broadcasted from either soldier's earpieces.

Bionic words laced with faint amounts of static protruded from the device, somewhat muffled yet clear enough to faintly understand.

[Spectre-01, status? Over.]

[Ready. Over]

[Spectre-02, status? Over.]

[Ready. Over]

[Spectre-03, status? Over]

Hearing his team name being called, the spotter responded to the message in a stoic lifeless voice of robotic origin.

"Ready. Over."

[Understood. Prepare to fire on my mark.] Ordered the signaler.