Prologue

After walking a few miles, I make it to a small town. The big sign says, "Forks Washington."

I'm Elizabeth. I have orange-brown hair and I don't use my real last name. I move from state to state and go to a new school for a few years and I just make up a new last name. Now, I am in Forks and I will be here for a few years of high school. I think my last name will be Williams.

I was turned at 17 years old but I am 176. I'm a hybrid of a vampire and a human. I was a normal vampire for 20 years but then another vampire lady took me and experimented on me. I don't like to talk about it. She turned me into a hybrid somehow but later, I killed her.

When I got turned into a vampire, I got no gift and when I was a human, I hated talking to people. They just annoyed me. They still do today.

I walk into the woods and start grabbing logs and building a cabin. I've done this many times because of moving to so many places.

After I finish my cabin, I go inside and sit on an old recliner that I found in someone's driveway. It is really comfy. I get on my laptop and start setting myself up for school.

"Elizabeth Williams" I write. Perfect. I am going to school tomorrow. I already have a backpack and supplies. I also have a bike so then I look normal when I get to the school.

When I go to different schools, I make people not care that I'm there, they don't notice me. They can see me but they don't pay attention to me. It's amazing. No friends and no family. Just how I like it.

I don't remember having parents when I was growing up. Now, they can't exist, they have to be dead. I think I had a twin too. He's probably dead. I think his name ended with an "r" but I'm not sure.

As a hybrid, I have everything good about being a vampire but I can sleep and eat human food. I have to survive off of blood and human food though.

I hope I survive school tomorrow.