Happy (Ch.9)

At school at few days later, I am happy and I actually raise my hand in Spanish and pronounce the word right.

At lunch, I sit with the Cullens and we laugh the whole time. I see eyes on me but I don't care. This is the happiest I've ever been.

On the way out, Jasper walks over to me.

"Would you be interested in joining us for baseball tonight?" Jasper asks.

"Vampires play baseball?" I ask.

"It's the thunder from the storm tonight that we need. You'll see." Jasper says.

"Sounds good." I say. "I'm in."

"Ok we leave at 7:00 to get to the field." Jasper says.

I ride my bike to the clothing store and buy a t-shirt and some baggy ripped jeans. I also buy some old black converse and a baseball hat.

I get back to my cabin and put the new clothes on. It is 6:30 so I run to the Cullen's.

"Hey Jasper." I say.

"Hey Ellie." Jasper says. He hugs me. "You excited?" He asks.

"Yeah! Baseball sounds fun." I say.

Jasper and I sit down on the porch steps.

"Did you know that when we lived in Texas that you, me, and our mother played baseball all the time? It was our favorite thing to do. You always hit the ball super far and got doubles and home-runs." Jasper says. He laughs.

"That sounds amazing." I say. "I wish I could remember more." I say. A tear falls down my cheek.

"Hey, it will come to you. Trust me." Jasper says. He brings my chin up and hugs me. "Let's go play some ball!" He says.

I laugh and everyone gets in the car. Edward's girlfriend is coming too.

"So, why do you need the thunder?" I ask.

"Like I said, you'll see." Jasper says. He smiles.

When we get to the field, Edward and Bella are already there.

Jasper and Carlisle are team captains. Jasper chooses me, Emmett, and Edward. Carlisle picks Esme, Rosalie, and Alice.

"Game on." Emmett says.

We are in the field first and Carlisle practically cracks the ball into the woods. Edward runs into the woods and throws it to home and gets an out.

"Woah, I see why you need the thunder." I say

A few minutes later, it is time for me to bat. I step up to the plate and I feel like I am a pro at this. Alice throws the ball and I smash the ball far into the woods. I start running all of the bases and I get a home run.

"YES ELIZABETH!!!" Jasper yells. He picks me up and spins me in circles. "You are amazing!" He says. Jasper then whispers in my ear, "I love you." I smile.

"I love you too." I whisper.

We get back to the game but then 3 vampires with red eyes run towards us. The red-haired woman is there. My heartbeat increases.

Jasper takes me to the back of everyone. Jasper senses my fear.

"Hey, shhhhh. It'll be ok. We got this." Jasper says. I nod and hide behind him.

"We were wondering if you needed a few more players." The leader asks.

"Well, a few of us were leaving so that would be fine." Carlisle says.

The wind blows in the direction of the 3 vampires and the blond guy looks at me and Bella and his eyes open wide.

"Bella, get behind me." I say. She does.

"It seems you brought some snacks." The blond guy says. My heartbeat increases rapidly.

Jasper wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"They are with us." Jasper says.

"I can see the game is over now." The leader says. Him and his tribe walk away.