Whitlock (Ch.7)

I keep thinking.

Jasper is from Texas. He is also 176. He has the same hair color, and he said that he had a sister. Did I find the only person left in my family?!

Someone knocks on the door. I put the papers in the envelope quickly and I put them next to me.

"Come in!" I say. Jasper walks in.

"Hey, how'd it go?" He asks.

"Ummm, it was interesting." I say.

"Did I tell you that Hale isn't actually my last name?" Jasper asks.

"Really? What is it?" I ask.

"Whitlock." Jasper says.

My eyes go open in shock and happy tears fall down my eyes. I pull out the envelope super fast and give it to Jasper.

He looks at it and then looks at me. I burst into tears and hug him. If Jasper could cry, he would. He hugs me back and holds me there.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you too." Jasper says.

I've never felt so safe, so happy. I found the last person left in my family. I want to stay in this hug forever.

Jasper lays down next to me in the hospital bed. I lay my head on his chest. He strokes my hair. I fall asleep feeling safe in Jasper's arms.

***

I wake up a few hours later in a car, my head is laying on Jasper's shoulder. I can feel his arm around me. I cuddle into him a little more.

"Where are we going?" I mumble.

"We are headed to my house, go back to sleep." Jasper says.

I nod my head and fall back asleep easily.

I wake up again, but I am laying on a couch. I look around and I am in the Cullen's house.

I stand up and nobody is around. I don't hear any footsteps and there is a ring at the door. I answer it.

"I thought I smelled you." A red haired lady says. It's the lady from the other night that attacked me!

I start shaking.

"W-what do you want?" I ask.

"I didn't come to finish the job, your blood tastes nasty." She says. "I just came by to see how you were."

I slam the door and run upstairs. I sit on the couch. She can't get inside.

I look to my left and she is standing by the window watching me.

"Stop it." I say. I run upstairs to someone's bedroom. I shut the doors and close the blinds.

There is a knock on the bedroom door. I open it. It can't be the red haired girl, it has to be Jasper or something.

The red haired woman is standing there. My eyes go wide and I slap her. She looks at me with rage and backs me into the window. She smells my neck.

I can't take it anymore, I feel so violated. I grab her neck and we start wrestling on the floor. We are swinging punches and I get a bloody nose.

She stops fighting me and smells the blood. Her red eyes widen and I kick her in the gut and I run out of the room into the kitchen.

I get some napkins and shove them up my nose. It makes my nose hurt even more but I need the blood to stop.

The woman goes down the stairs.

"Listen, we should settle this a different way. We are both clearly no match for each other." She says. "Arm wrestle." She says.

We walk outside and we put our arms on a rock.

"If I win, you have to leave this town forever." She says.

"If I win, you have to leave this town forever." I say.

"Deal." She says.

We start doing the wrestle and she has my arm close to the rock. I use my strength and push our arms back to the starting point in the middle.

"You're good." She says. "But I can beat you."

I use all of my strength and make eye contact with her. I look into her red eyes, she looks into my blue-good eyes.

She slams my arm on the rock and it cracks.

She dives towards me and starts sucking my blood. Everything goes dizzy, I can feel the life being sucked out of me.