The First Day (Ch.1)

I get up and it is still dark. I get on my bike and start riding to Forks High School.

When I get there, I see people stare at me. I put my hood up and walk into the front office.

"Hi! Are you Elizabeth?" A lady asks.

"Yeah, can I have my schedule?" I ask.

"Of course!" The lady says. She hands me my schedule and I walk out.

I am in the hallways with a bunch of people and my paper is crumbled up. I start walking to my first class, history.

When I get there, the teacher gives me a seat in the back and I sit down. We are learning about the Texas Revolution, a big war fought in Texas. I know all about the Texas revolution.

"Hey. I'm Mike. Are you new here?" A boy next to me asks.

"What do you think? I just appeared here." I say.

"Yeah, you're probably new." Mike says.

I sit there and zone out. I think about making friends with this kid. It is a few years, maybe we'll just talk, I'm not getting deep in a friendship.

The teacher assigns homework and hands out a packet about the Texas Revolution. This will be easy. I put it in my bag and head to my next class, Spanish.

I suck at Spanish. It doesn't work for me. My little Texas accent doesn't mix well with other languages.

I sit in the back again. I know Spanish. I know what all the words mean, I'm just not good at saying them. No one bothers me and that is fine.

The bell rings and I head to another class and another. Finally it is lunch.

I go sit at a table in the corner by myself as usual. I grab a sandwich from the lunch line and I take a bite. A few tables away, I can hear Mike talking to another new girl. He keeps saying Bella.

A few pale kids walk in. I know what they are right away, vampires. Maybe they are just like me, except I'm a hybrid. I sit there and listen to their conversation so I can learn their names.

I think the blond one is Rosalie, the big one is Emmett, the skinny boy is Edward, the girl with the pixie cut is Alice, and the boy with orange hair is Jasper.

I look at their eyes and they are golden brown. They hunt animals just like me, but my eyes have my original eye color mixed with gold. So my eyes are blue with a few speckles of gold.

I get out my History homework and start doing it very fast. I finish 50 questions in under 2 minutes. New record. I put my paper away and continue eating.

I look up and all of the vampires are staring at me. Oh shit. Do they know I'm a hybrid? Do they want to kill me? So many thoughts run through my head but then the bell rings. I am saved.