006. Finders Fee

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ REMEMBER ME LIKE THIS — FINDERS FEE ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙EPISODE ONE

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ REMEMBER ME LIKE THISFINDERS FEE ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
EPISODE ONE

     Esme tugged on her bra strap as they headed into town, which was still out of control and in distress over wreckage from the storm.  To be honest, Esme had kinda forgotten all about it — hanging out with the group had that kind of effect on her.  Especially after the kind of morning they just had (aka finding a boat underwater).  Before getting off the boat, she pulled back on the jean mom shorts along with one of JJ's wifebeaters, but her clothes underneath were still damp.

     With all of them bobbing their heads above water, John B had dived down and found a motel key stuck in the Grady-White, and Kiara had the bright idea to report it to the coast guard for the potential of a finders fee.  Esme could care less, but JJ was super excited about the idea of not having to work for the rest of the summer.  ("Thanks, Agatha, ya bitch!")

     "It's the perfect weather to nap on the beach," Esme noted, squinting as she turned her face up to the sky.  The sun graced her skin, warming her up from the cool water she had been in minutes ago.  She hummed in content.

     "Not now," Kiara insisted, following John B's lead.

     JJ chuckled as he watched Esme scowl at Kiara's words.  "You guys go ahead, I'll wait out here," Esme said, motioning to the large crowd of people who were already swarming the counter inside the building they were headed towards.

     "Yeah... that's a lot of people," Claire said, slowing down as she took in the scene — mostly middle-aged Pogues flailing around and yelling over one another.  Probably upset over a lot of damage to their houses and land.  Esme nodded in agreement.

     John B noticed it too but didn't let it change his plans.  "Come on, guys."  Kiara only looked to Claire briefly, offering a tight-lipped smile.

     Once they were gone, Esme turned to Claire.  "I didn't know you were still claustrophobic."

     Claire scoffed.  "You can't be still claustrophobic."

     "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that," Esme said, looking down at her flip flops.

     Claire placed a hand on her hip softly.  "No, it's fine, I just mean yeah, like... crowded spaces bug me.  Like, so much.  Gives me the willies."

     Esme smiled.  "You're such a weird kid."

     "Thank you."

     The boys and Kiara came back, crashing into their conversation.  "We couldn't even get a word in," Kiara shook her head.

     Claire sighed.  "Maybe because they're dealing with real problems, and not some washed-up Grady.  My guess."

     Esme noticed JJ toying with something in his hand and her lips curled into a smile.  As she opened her mouth to comment on his obvious klepto problem, he shot her a wink.  She turned away from his gaze, but he didn't stop looking at her for one second.