010. Absolutely Not

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ REMEMBER ME LIKE THIS — ABSOLUTELY NOT  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙EPISODE ONE

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ REMEMBER ME LIKE THISABSOLUTELY NOT  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
EPISODE ONE

     "No, absolutely not."

     Esme was standing in front of Carter Logan when Rafe walked into the living room of the Logan family, with Kelce and Topper in tow.  "Esme, Esme, wait," Rafe quickly said upon catching a glimpse of the unmistakable raven-haired girl, in an attempt to get the girl to stop walking away from them.

     "Do not come anywhere near me," Esme warned, turning on her heel as she quickly tried to leave the house altogether by booking it out the grand front doors of the Logan household.

     "What are you even doing here, lil poguey?" Topper came around the opposite side of her, forcing her to slow in her tracks when he and Rafe both outstretched their hands as if forming a gate to keep her inside.  Esme looked between both boys uncomfortably.  And she could have sworn that she heard Kelce growl.

     "Come on guys, she was literally just leaving," Carter said, sucking on his teeth from behind Esme.

     While Carter Logan was the product of a once loving family, he was also falling prey to peer pressure from his friends.  And he had been easy prey very early on, it wasn't hard for Esme to catch on to the fact that he was easily influenced.  Despite that though, he had a big genuine heart and every time he crossed paths with her, he treated her with nothing except kindness and respect.  Which was saying a lot more than anyone else.

     You see, Esme was dumb to think she was anything special to J.R.  He treated everyone the same way — as if they were below him and nothing more than vessels for money.  When there was Esme, who had her head screwed on right most days, there were also young girls her age that was as equally impressionable as Carter Logan... girls who didn't know better and would work to the bone just to be appreciated.

     But J.R. didn't appreciate people.

     Carter had fallen for the antics of another girl in Esme's circle, another young Latina who embraced the gifts she earned with her money from being pimped around the same way Esme had been.  While Esme hid what she earned, put it away for safekeeping and put it into investments like her grandmother's house, Xiomara Lopez was happily prancing around Figure Eight with a new fur coat every week and showing up to parties in the newest swimsuit fashions.