003. Fleeting Moments

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ REMEMBER ME LIKE THIS — FLEETING MOMENTS ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙EPISODE ONE

EPISODE ONE

     Esme knew the feeling of stress better than anyone.  She hasn't exactly been stuck in "life or death" situations, per se, but she had been stuck in between J.R. introducing himself to her grandmother — which was something she absolutely could not have.  While Esme told J.R. time after time that she didn't want her grandmother knowing anything about her side job, it all seemed to go in one ear and out the other with that guy.

     "Are you crazy?" Esme exclaimed in a hushed voice, pushing J.R. away from her.  She closed the screen door of her house behind her as she stepped into the sunlight.  The last thing she expected that morning was J.R. at the front door when she was telling her grandma she was heading out for a while.  "What did I fucking tell you?"

     J.R. smiled, his pearly white teeth gleaming as he looked down at the shorter girl.  "Damn, alright, princess.   So it's like that."

     "Yeah, you know it's like that.  And stop calling me that," Esme crossed her arms, creasing the strap of her favourite tote bag ( — it read 'Save the Turtles' on the side ).  "And don't ever come to my house again.  I bought a phone for a reason.  Call it sometime."

     The two stood in silence for a moment, until J.R. looked Esme up and down, noticing her outfit.  She wasn't decked out in the usual makeup and nice outfit with paired heels that he was used to seeing her in.  Instead, she wore a navy blue bikini set with an oversized white tee shirt over it. "Going somewhere?"

     "Just out with friends," Esme shrugged.  "Why?"

     "Nothing," J.R. shook his head, stepping backwards and farther away from the Mendoza residence, to Esme's pleasure.  "Be sure to be back by nightfall, I got a job for you."

     "Business or pleasure?" she asked.

     "Isn't pleasure your business?" J.R. retorted.

     Esme's left brow twitched.  "Well, when you put it like that."

     J.R. laughed, his smile widening.  He nodded, beginning to back away from her house slowly.   "You should probably put a pair of shorts over that," he raised his eyebrows, not having to explicitly explain what he meant.  Her ass cheeks were out.  Esme rolled her eyes.  Was he stupid? she thought as he got into his car, still smiling.  She sighed as he sped away, opening her tote bag and reaching for her backup shorts.

     "He's not answering!" JJ yelled into Esme's ear, the girl bringing her hand up to cover her ear as best as she could, becoming irritated with JJ's behaviour.  The wind was picking up very nasty and she was having a hard enough time hearing Adonis through the phone.