011. Diver Down

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ REMEMBER ME LIKE THIS — DIVER DOWN  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙EPISODE ONE

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ REMEMBER ME LIKE THISDIVER DOWN  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
EPISODE ONE

     "This is empty."

     "You took empty tanks?"

     "I..."

     "Okay, this one's a quarter full.  It's enough for one of us."

     "Love it when a plan comes together," Esme clapped her hands with a cheery smile as she listened to the boys bicker.  She'd long changed out of John B's sweats and found herself a spare swimsuit, and a buttoned-up tan summer dress that she was able to slide on when they were running out the door with ease.  "They should give us a TV show on the Discovery Channel."

     "What are you, seventy?" JJ said a little too quickly, his tone less than playful, and Esme could have sworn she saw his eyes roll back into his head.  Okay, so somebody was a tad upset with her.

     "Does anybody know how to dive?" Kiara asked, either completely oblivious to the conversation being held on the other side of the boat between his two closest friends, or ignoring it on purpose.

     "Uh..."

     "Anybody?" Kiara asked again, looking around the group for a solid answer.

     "It's kind of a Kook sport," JJ said, the faintest hint of a snicker making an appearance after he finished his sentence, almost as if he was appalled just thinking about it.

     Claire snorted, earning mixed confused looks from John B and JJ who stood on each side of her.  "Damn right."

     Pope sighed.  "I... read about it."

     "Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die," JJ said, something Esme in turn rolled her own eyes at.  She wasn't sure why he was so dramatic sometimes, but then again, there was a lot of that going around.

     "Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe.  How hard could it be?" John B shrugged, looking to the group as if questioning them all personally and wanting them to reassure him that he would be fine.

     "If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends," Pope deadpanned.

     "Bends like... bend over and—?" JJ said, gripping the boat to steady himself as he bent over forward while squinting as if demonstrating a sexual move.  Esme groaned, bringing her palm to her forehead with a soft smack.

     "The bends kill you," Pope said, ignoring the distress Esme was in and how she was literally facepalming at the thought of these boys carrying out their half-thought half-assed plan.

     "Right," JJ nodded.

     Claire playfully rolled her eyes before slapping JJ's shoulder.  "Idiot."