Xiao Is the Reason the Archons Can't Have Nice Things

Xiao Pov
------------

I leave Aether's apartment feeling angry, but not at Aether. At Rex Lapis. Why did he let Aether have a dream about our reality? Am I going to have to explain it?

I used an excuse to go talk to Childe, so I'd better go find him in case Aether looks for proof.

I begin to run down the street as fast as I can run.

Well, it's not really my fastest. In my version of Teyvat, I'm known for my speed and agility. Since I've lost my adeptal powers in this world, I'm not as fast as I used to be, which is a little disorienting.

I eventually stop at a corner because it occurred to me that I really have no idea where Childe would be right now.

Guess I'll have to ask, even though I don't want to. I mean, how dare he summon Osial into Liyue Harbor? The person who defeated it last time isn't alive anymore!

If Liyue had gotten destroyed, then I would have failed my contract with Rex Lapis. I would have then suffered the wrath of the Geo Archon and die slowly. If Aether hadn't been there...

I don't even want to think about what might've happened.

I pull out my phone. I'm really overthinking this. This version of Childe didn't do what I'm blaming him for. It'd be like how everyone once judged me for being under service of an evil god 2000 years ago.

Besides, it's for Aether.

----------------------
(TeyvatChat.Exe)

VigilantYaksha:
Hey, where are you?
We need to talk?

WaterFoul:
What's up?
Also hi comrade!
Also I'm at the Starbucks on This Street.

VigilantYaksha:
Saying you're on this street really isn't helpful.

WaterFoul:
Wait, no.
There's an actually street called This Street. Check your maps if you don't believe me.

VigilantYaksha:
So I can meet you there?

WaterFoul:
Yup.
I'm impressed that you actually texted me.

VigilantYaksha:
Why?

WaterFoul:
Idk.
You kinda give me vibes that you're gonna push me into a dark alleyway and stab me in the lower stomach...

VigilantYaksha:
That's oddly specific

WaterFoul:
Well, would you do it or would you not?

VigilantYaksha:
Gods, I'm not that bad.
I wouldn't hurt you unless you really deserved it.
Why is it saying that half of my sentence is incorrect?

WaterFoul:
Grammarly?

VigilantYaksha:
No, the red lines.
It says that 'hurt you unless you really deserved it' isn't a word/in the dictionary.

WaterFoul:
That's weird.
Anyways when is your eta?

VigilantYaksha:
Five minutes.

WaterFoul:
Aight.

----------------------

I stuff my phone into my pocket and begin to make my way towards This Street. Hearing that name makes me wonder who the heck named this place. Westside Street? Courtyard City? This Street? That Street? The Other Street?