It Be My Birthday 🎂

Hello readers!

Today, April 18th, is my birthday, so I thought I'd update a short non-canonical chapter to the main storyline of this book chapter. Very much fluff ahead.

I don't know what to call it.

It's also a little bit of a 300+ read special.

Also, in case you were wondering, I am 15 today 🥳 (I'm probably younger than you thought lol)

Since today is my birthday, it is also this Aether's birthday, since he's the protagonist  and doesn't have a canonical birthday. The Object of My Unholy Desire book's Aether, not the canonical to Genshin Impact Aether, if that makes sense.

Okay, I'll stop rambling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aether Pov
----------------

I walk into my kitchen to find Xiao waiting for me with a weird look in his eyes.

"Good morning Xiao!" I say cheerfully.

Xiao walks over to me and pulls me into a hug, which catches me by surprise since I'm normally the one to hug him first.

"Huh?" I say.

"Happy Birthday, Aether." Xiao says.

Wait.

It's April 18th already?

"Wait, my birthday is literally a day after yours?" I ask, more to myself than Xiao.

"Took you that long to figure out, huh?" He teases. "So, how old are you now?"

"C'mon, don't ask me that! You know I have no idea." I say. "I mean, I'm past six hundred years old, I know that."

Xiao laughs.

"It's fine to not know." He says. "But that does mean you're old though."

"I'm younger than you though." I say. "You're like, three thousand, right? Doesn't that qualify you as-"

I'm cut off as Xiao pulls me closer. He cups his hands around my cheeks and presses his lips against mine.

He pulls away slowly, savoring the moment. His amber eyes glitter with amusement.

"Be quiet and let me enjoy this, alright?" He asks.

"Anything for you" I say quietly as Xiao leans in for another kiss.

~Le Timeskip~

----------------------
(TeyvatChat.Exe)

Lu:
Happy Birthday, Aether 🥳🎉🎊🎂

BardBoi:
It's your birthday, Aether?

TheFirstTwin:
Happy birthday to you too, Lumine.

Lu:
Happy birthday to us 🥂

WaterFoul:
Oh yeah right, ur twins.
So tell me Aether, is it annoying or awesome to have the same birthday as your sibling?

TheFirstTwin:
Umm
It's awesome.
Mainly because Lu and I actually don't ever fight over anything.

Thoma🐕:
Relationship goals but for siblings?

YashiroRascal:
Thoma, that's not-

Thoma🐕:
That's not what, my lord?