Chapter 29: Peeta/Katniss's POV:

Peeta's POV:
.....................................
.....................................

Katniss's POV:
I run in the room and slam the door behind me. I need to hurry before Snow finds out where I am. Gale might have helped me, but Peeta is my main priority. I'm running out of time. I search through the small room that is stacked high with tons of barrels filled with who knows what. I push them aside as I scramble through the mess. "Peeta?" I say. No one replies and a tear escapes down my cheek. I will not give up. "Peeta, it's me, Katniss. You may hate me still but..." Tears stream down my already sweaty face. "I was wrong about you. I...I...love you." I am barely holding myself together when I see a small puddle of blood on the floor in front of me. I have a gut feeling that it is Peeta's. I confirm my suspicion when I see a small tuff of his beautiful blonde hair. It may be weird, but I pick up the hair and smell it and it smells just like him which makes me start going faster. "PEETA!!" I yell. I trip and fall over something beneath my feet and I look back to see what it is and I start crying. It's a foot. He's underneath a pile of barrels. "Peeta! I'm here! Hold on!" I say as I start throwing barrels out of the way. Nothing can stop me now. As I pull away the last barrel, I see his face. Whatever was keeping me together suddenly breaks as I fall to the ground sobbing. He looks terrible. His face is bloody as well as the rest of his body. He is unconscious but I run up next to him and start running my fingers through his hair and hug him so tight I'm afraid I might hurt him more. "Oh my god, I found you...I'm so sorry....don't give up on me.....hang in there....I love you" I say in between sobbing. His breaths are too shallow and staggered. He's dying. "Please Peeta, stay with me....STAY WITH ME!!!!" I scream as I sob. I don't even hear footsteps come up behind me as I try and give Peeta the will to live. "I brought help, this is Dr. Anson and he's going to help Peeta." Says a voice that sounds like Haymich's. I look up and see Haymich and hug him tight. "You're alive!" I say. He hugs me tight. "You can't get rid of me that quickly sweetheart." He says. I start sobbing again. "He can't die...he can't die..." I whisper. I fall back to Peeta's side as Dr. Anson does CPR and gives him medicine. "Please Peeta....please..." I sob. "You promised to stay with me....please..." Suddenly he starts breathing better and his eyes flutter open, but before he realizes what's happened, I'm on top of him. "OH MY GOD!" I cry. He looks around, confused and then sees me and his eyes light up. His eyes LIT UP when he saw me, he didn't look like he wanted to kill me. "You aren't hijacked anymore!" I say in delight. He smiles and runs his hands through my hair, but then looks sad again. "Katniss I'm so sorry for everything..." I don't let him finish. I pull him into a kiss as electrifying as fireworks and he quits trying to talk. His hands explore my hair and mine his. I hear Haymich making gagging noises in the background, but I don't care. When we pull away, our foreheads still touch and Peeta finishes my unanswered question. "Always."