3 | Still the same

♠️

♠️

"Mom, we need to leave for the airport TODAY" I yelled from the doorstep as my mom continued to yell back '2 minutes'.

"Mummmaaaaaaaa!" I whined like a kid who was forced to do homework on a Sunday.

"Aayiiii! Sabar kar!" She yelled back and I sighed. If I reach late, I am never going to hear the end of it.

After two minutes, my mom finally came out and we started for our journey.

Finally!

♠️

As we reached our destination, I could feel and see all the wedding vibes. Kids were playing around, people were giving orders and suggestions (which no one asked them to give) to the decorators, Aunties talking about something continuously and people hugging and greeting each other. And to say that everyone is not here! But well, that's the beauty of our Indian families, big families and mostly everyone is in touch.

"Namaste!" I started greeting everyone in sight and touched their feet for blessings. It's really nice to be in family!

"Aagayaaaa finally!" I heard a voice and turned to see the dulhe raja- Siddharth Malhotra. He is my brother, by the way.

"Dulheee rajaaaa" I grinned and hugged him.

"So how's the prep?" I asked

"Yeah everything's going great!"

"Achi baat hai yaar! Finally tu shaadi karraha haiiii!" I grinned and he just rolled his eyes seeing my excitement.

"Tu hi mujhse jyada excited lag raha hai" he stated the obvious. Duh, it's my brother's wedding after all.

"Yeah duh. There is only thing that bothers me about this wedding" I said

"And may I ask, what is that thing?" He said with air quotations, aha how fast he gets annoyed!

"That my best friend will be my bhabhi"

"Ohh that" he said and I nodded. Yeah, I mean what do I call her? Ki Bhabhi?

♠️

"We have to go receive Kiara, her mom, chall" Siddharth said dragging me.

"Nahi yaar! Please! Thak gaya mein" I replied

"Yaar! I thought we could catch up on the drive" Siddharth said.

"Sorry yaar!" I replied and hurried my face in the pillow.

"Thik hai!" He mumbled and I slept again.

♠️

"Varun beta!" Aunty Ji called me.

"Ji?" I asked her coming out of the room.

"Help me out with these flower garlands, beta"

"Okay"

"Make sure that they are put up everywhere! Garlands se vatavaran mangal hoga!" She instructed and I nodded.

Wait- the whole place. Ahhhh, why didn't I go with Siddharth?

♠️

"Varuuuuun!" I heard a very familiar voice. I turned around and I saw Kiara.

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiii Veeee!" Kiara came and hugged me, wrapping her arms around my neck. I grinned and hugged her back.

"Finally aagayiiiii!" I exclaimed and she chuckled.

"Tune bataya tha, woh laaya hai. Room mein hai"

"Thank youuuu yaaaar! I will take it from the room afterwards." She said and I nodded.

"Aunty Ji kaise hai?" I enquired

"Badhiyaaaa!" She said and I beamed.

"Oye tum dono, hum dono ko bhul hi gaye!" I heard Siddharth's grumpy voice.

We both laughed and looked at them and that's when I saw...her.

"Hey Varun" she waved at me. I gulped hard. What do I do? What do I say?

"H-hey Sh-shraddha" I waved back. The effect she has on me, still the same.

I could see Kiara glancing at me nervously.

"Umm....I have to help out Aunty Ji, gotta go" I mumbled and scurried away.

"Oh right, you three were in the same college. And I was wondering how Shraddha and varun know each other. Silly of me" I heard Siddharth saying.

Shraddha Ahuja. You and the effect you have on me- still the same.

The third chapter~Hope you like it! Thank You!

The third chapter~
Hope you like it! Thank You!

The third chapter~Hope you like it! Thank You!