13 | Worth it?

Something was wrong, I could feel it

Something was wrong, I could feel it. I woke up a bit late today-

bit late = 10:30 a.m.

And no one bothered to wake me up. I generally do not wake up this late but I was working late yesterday and then I wasn't sleepy. I kept on thinking about my and Siddharth's conversation, Kiara and my talk from the airplane and other things.

Or people? No, I was not thinking about anyone else.

I got ready in ten minutes and quickly ran downstairs to find everyone. Do they not remember me anymore?

As I reached the end of the stairwell, I was shocked to see a deadly silence around. It was not 'deadly' but deadly for a house with an upcoming wedding.

The decorations were left halfway and there was no one seen completing them. The kids who were just running around, having fun were seated in silence as a result of their mother's glares.

And of course, smart people know not to ignore the 'glare'.

I went to the kitchen only to see Tanya Bhabhi and Priyanka.

Tanya Bhabhi is the wife of my elder cousin brother- Rishabh and Priyanka- she's one of the wedding planners.

"Hi?" I mumbled not sure what to say.

"Oh hi, Good Morning Varun!" Bhabhi chirped. I swear, I have never seen her angry, sad or annoyed.

"Hi!" Priyanka wished and I smiled, acknowledging her. Something was wrong, it was written on Priyanka's face.

"What has happened!?" I asked, my heart beating loudly.

I needed to hear something but didn't want to hear it, at the same time. It was a foreign feeling, especially since I have waited for someone specific to say something.

"Siddharth and Kiara had this kind of fight due to which the wedding is almost cancelled, Varun. I figured you had slept late in the night, that's why I didn't wake you up and asked others to do the same." Tanya Bhabhi replied and I was dumbstruck.

But....what could have happened?

I exited the kitchen after thanking Bhabhi and immediately dialled Kiara.

one ring.
two rings..
three rings...

Why isn't she picking up!?
I declined the call and ran up to my room and took the keys of my scooty.

I quickly peeled in all the rooms, to make sure that the couple isn't here, at home, just away from everyone.

No, they are not home.

Where could they be?
Their place. Yes, that's where they probably want to be away from the outer chaos.

I quickly kick started my activa. It is old now, real old. Kids would call it 'ancient'.