17 | Chaotic

My engagement was as chaotic as my life

My engagement was as chaotic as my life. I rested my head on the bed rest, trying to think of a way to solve my and Kiara's problem.

Which is a better place to live? Delhi or Bangalore?
- Both of them are nice, duh.

Both of the cities are amongst the metro cities in India. Important IT hubs, trade hubs and blah blah. At this point, I think we should give up on both the cities and go to a third one, instead. Maybe Mumbai, I don't know.

"Siddhaaaaaarth!" I heard my mother's voice, snapping me out of my own thoughts.

"Yes mom?" I answered back, yelling.

"Breakfast ke liye ja!"

"Haan ji" I mumbled and got off the bed.

Maybe eating something and taking a walk will help me clear my mind.

♠️

I looked at the huge ass table in the lawn. All of my cousins, Kiara, Shraddha, Priyanka and Ankit were having breakfast in the most chaotic way possible. I rolled my eyes at them as they started yelling "dulhe raaja" on spotting me.

I quickly took a seat beside Shraddha and attacked the delicious kachoris kept on the table.

"Bhai thoda dheere kha, race nahi hai" Varun said and I showed him the middle finger.

No one comes between me and my kachoris.

He rolled his eyes and continued eating his plate of pohe.

After finishing three kachoris, I shifted my focus to Shraddha, who silently toyed with the pohe placed in her plate.

"Beeeeeeesly!" I yelled in her ear and she shrieked.

"Not funny, Dwight." She replied with a nonchalant face and I laughed wholeheartedly, putting a smile on her face.

What can I say? I am charmer.

♠️
"Siddhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarth" Kiara said in a bored tone and I looked up at her.

"Bol naaaaaaaa Kiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaraaaaaaaa" I replied and she rolled her eyes.

"Why is life so...so.." she asked and stopped to find the right word.

"Stewpid?" My question.
Rolling of eyes- her answer.

"Weird?" me.
"No, you idiot" she.

"Confusing?" me.
"Maybe" she.

"Chaoctic!?" me (excitedly)
"Yeah, chaotic." she (nonchalantly).

"Why is life so chaotic? I jean, it is just a wedding, why can't it be peaceful?" she questioned as she snuggled up to me.

"I don't know. But maybe, life is never really meant to be peaceful" I said as I wrapped my at, a around her, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Yeah, but after a point in hurts, doesn't it?"

"Is something hurting you, Kiara?" I asked softly.

"Not really, no." she answered.

"You worried about them?"

"I am."

"Sometimes, we can't really do much, Kiara. We just have to let it go. Yes, we have to support them and all, but at this point, we have to leave it in the hands of fate and destiny. Even if it does not satisfy you, even if it troubles you, we have to let it be. We have to trust time. Things will become better. Maybe, our involvement can cause more trouble and complications."

"You are right. We just have to support them, listen to them and help them only if they ask."

"Uh huh, you know what? We should just chill for sometime, it's our wedding! We would want some good memories too, right?"

"Right."

Something's clearly troubling Kiara

What do you think of Siddharth's opinion on the situation between VarShra?

-also the minute 'The Office' reference I snuck 🙂

Also, I know not a good part, but just a few simple Siddharth- Kiara moments, we can expect some drama in the next part (?)

Love love,
Surabhi