11 | Changes

I always thought that Shraddha would be a very reserved, mind-your-own-fucking-business person but she's actually fun after getting comfortable with someone! We talked a lot on our way back

I always thought that Shraddha would be a very reserved, mind-your-own-fucking-business person but she's actually fun after getting comfortable with someone! We talked a lot on our way back. We also share many similar interests like listening to old songs on a radio, cooking and fandoms like 'The Office'.

Unexpected friendships are the best!

She also narrated many incidents from their college days and I realised that our college days have become old memories for all of us~ like an ancient era.

And these incidents just proved how everyone has changed. Nothing is permanent, after all.

Everything changes, and that fact is scary.

As I pondered over why does everything change, I heard a voice trying to drag me out of the thoughts and bring me back to the world. But, I couldn't. Today's topic touched my greatest fear- change.

The incidents clearly painted me a picture of what Varun, Kiara and Shraddha's college days were like. The bond the trio shared felt so deep and pure. Unbreakable. But now, it feels brittle.

Especially, Varun and Shraddha. That relation changed drastically.

Would I and Kiara become the same after a few years? Would there be no excitement at all? Would we get bored of each other or just get annoyed of each other? After a certain point, would she have disdain for me for wasting her time? Her energy in this relationship?

Oh God, I am overthinking again.

Marriage is a big change and yes, I am nervous. But, are these overwhelming thoughts even worth it? NO.
Maybe these are the wedding jitters everyone talks about. The cold feet.

I had become calmer than the few last moments, but my heart- it kept pounding loudly as if something big was happening.

♠️

I realised that I was being silly. I love Kiara and I want to marry her, live my life with her. And yes, changes are going to happen but we will face them and cope up together. And isn't that kind of the basic idea of marriage? A life long partnership with someone with whom you can face all the ups and downs in life.

"Oye Siddharth" I heard Varun calling me out.

"Haa bol"

"Whats up with you zoning out continuously today? The same thing happened the last time I saw you." he said.

"Nothing." I replied again.