10 | Boring ho tum!

The sun rises, every day

And we get ready for new challenges, new experiences, like every other day...
That's life.

I got up to see Shraddha sprawled on her side of the bed, her wavy tresses spread across her face and I smiled. She looks peaceful.

Keyword: peaceful

The pooja went quite peacefully, except for the fact that I have a question roaming in my mind constantly. Was it just me or was Varun purposefully ignoring Shraddha?

I couldn't help but create many wild scenarios of what would have happened yesterday resulting to this weird situation between them.

Also, I am pretty sure Siddharth is thinking the same thing as I saw him squinting his eyes at Varun who in response just nodded his head, negatively.

"Dekh le, Kiara. Mandir hai, Ganga Maiyya hai, Panditji bhi hai. Family ka ek ek member bhi. Kar lete hai shaadi abhi!" I heard Siddharth whispering in my ears.

"Paagal hogaye ho?" I whispered back

"Technically, according to the phrase 'pyaar mein paagal'- haa, hua ho." He replied. Aaj koi toh form mein hai.

"Pooja pe focus kar!" I mumbled with a slight eye roll.

"Boring Ho tum!" He mumbled and pouted at me.

♠️

This time we had gotten seats in one row. Yet, Varun insisted that I sit with him. And being the best 'best friend', I chose Varun over my discomfort of sitting in the aisle seat.

Varun was sitting in the middle seat while a small kid was enjoying the window seat, listening to songs. He occasionally mumbled the swear words and other English words in the songs. Varun was busy surfing through the airplane magazine and safety booklet. How the tables turn! The guy who could throw up at the mere sight of written information, now is reading all types of it with sheer interest and curiosity.
On the other hand, Siddharth and Shraddha were chatting constantly about something.

Looks like they're having a gala time while I am stuck with this idiot!

"At least talk about something. Kitni jidd kar rahe the ki you want to sit with me and blah blah" I said, my voice voice laced with irritation.

"Kya baat karni hai?" He asked and I scoffed. Never realised that my best friend is this big of an idiot!

"Tumhe karni thi isliye I am not sitting with my fiancé" I said pointing my pointer finger at him.

"Um I just wanted to sit beside you. It's nice sitting with a person you are very comfortable with in peace." He said with a grin.

"Boring Ho tum!" I declared, a little loudly.

"Look who's saying!" Siddharth commented with a small smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"Acha okay let's talk" Varun said.

I was still glaring at Siddharth, my nostrils flaring while he was completely ignoring me and talking to Shraddha. I was mumbling profanities under my breath when Varun tapped on my shoulder. Shraddha! I have to ask him! How did I forget!

"Leave this shit. What's the Shraddha situation?" I asked him hastily.

"What situation?" he asked, feigning confusion. But his eyes conveyed panic. He didn't want me to know? Why?

"Kya hua hai?" I asked, in a much more calm voice. Travelling does makes me a bit hyper sometimes.

"Seriously nothing. We actually became friends again." He replied with a fake smile. Then what happened?

"Then why are you trying to avoid her?"

"I am n-not trying to avoid her, Kiara."

"Varun, I am not going to tell anybody anything. Just tell me, you'll feel better after sharing." I insisted.

"It's nothing, really. And I don't really want to talk about it." He said in a much softer voice.

"Okay. This conversation is paused not finished." I said and he nodded.

Why am I pestering my best friend to talk to me about something that bothers him but he doesn't want to share it? He always does that. He did the same last time and then scared the shit out of us. I thank God each day for not letting that problem increase.

I won't let Varun suffer alone, again like last time.

Kind of a filler chapter, honestly. But a few details of what happened after college?
And Siddharth and Shraddha's friendship, how do we feel about that?
KiaRun though >>>>
They are my favourite bond! 🤍

Also, do you want a chapter in Shraddha's point of view soon? Do you want to know what is going on in her head all the time? We don't really know what is happening in it since she has come to 'The Wedding'. So, a Shraddha chapter soon?

Also, do vote and comment, it encourages me❤️

Aaand just because you all are here, I have published a new book called 'Surprisngly Similar'. It's up on my profile! Do check it out! Thank youuuu!

Love love!