Chapter 1: A New Arrival

Dr Henrik von Schneeplestein was in his office, writing up medical reports when the beeping from his smartwatch started. He smiled brightly at the sound and tried to finish one of the reports in his attempt to ignore the sound. However, it proved futile, and he tore his eyes away from his monitor screen and to the watch that was sitting next to his keyboard. He snatched it up eagerly and looked at the notification on the watch face, even though he knew what it was.

A new ego character was arriving at the Void.

Henrik smiled and made a little squeak in his excitement then looked back at his monitor. He stared at the lines and lines of words, but he could no longer make sense of them. With a smirk, he sighed and save the document: the work could wait for a few hours. This was more important.

'Schneep! Did you see the notif!' Chase Brody's excited voice suddenly ripped through the hallway outside Henrik's office. The doctor got up off his swivel chair, still smirking, grabbed his watch, and turned round to leave the room.

'Yes yes, I heard. I'm just coming' Henrik said as he opened the door, walked out, then locked the door. His focus was not on Chase, who was happily bouncing, his bright green fringe bopping under his grey cap.

'This is so cool!' Chase squealed happily as he now followed Henrik down the pale blue hallway. He then gasped, a look of realization on his face. 'Wait! Does Mark's crew know?'

'They vill get ze notification too. I think they said that Google vill go, but Dark vanted to see as vell.' Henrik explained as he looked at his watch. The arrival was never immediate; because they were travelling from the real world to this one, it would usually take some time for each ego to manifest.

Chase frowned, walking a little faster to keep up with his brother, 'Dark? Really?'

Henrik glanced at Chase, giving him a warm smile, 'Yes. He has never seen zhis before, and ze others can't make it.'

Chase's frown stayed as he listened, 'What about the FNAF King? He couldn't make it?'

They had gotten to the end of the hallway and had ended up at a wooden, ancient looking door which didn't fit the rest of the environment. Henrik dug into the pocket of his white long coat and took out a big old key. He then stuck it into the door and turned the key whilst shrugging.

'Apparently ze new Five Nights at Freddy's game iz out, so he's been busy'

Chase blinked and nodded, then looked at the door as a click was heard, signifying its unlocking.

Henrik then straightened and exhaled, before turning to Chase and smiling, 'Ready?'

***

Chase had taken his cap off and was now fidgeting with the adjustable strap at the back, while Henrik frowned at the computer on the desk nearby.

They were now at the edge of the Void, where all the new characters arrive. Aside from the desk and a gurney, the area was empty and dark. The only source of light that would occasionally appear would be from a giant portal, which served as the entrance to the world. However, the egos had arrived a little early and so Chase was using the light from his phone, while Dark looked grumpy. He pouted at Google, who's previously lit up eyes had now turned grey as he'd gone into Rest Mode.

Chase smirked as he watched Dark try and wake Google up and was becoming increasingly more agitated. Henrik tried to ignore the frustrated yelling as he looked up who was coming through on the monitor.

'Do you really vant zhis character's first impression of us to be anger?' Henrik eventually called out whilst still looking at the computer. Dark suddenly shut up and looked at Henrik aghast while Google's head had started to droop.