Chapter 10: A Glitch Versus A Glitch

Specks of dust and stars floated round the darkness that served as the very end of the Void. For miles, there wasn't anything around...nothing...except for two figures and a small campfire.

Unus and Annus were sitting round the campfire that Annus had made...years ago? It was difficult to know now that the channel had ended. Annus poked the black and white flames with a stick to keep it going, his white eyes glowing under the light the fire was creating, before turning to Unus. Unus sat opposite, not saying a word and just staring into the fire as if in a trance.

Annus sighed softly; ever since the channel ended, Unus hadn't spoken a word, his pitch-black eyes seemingly lifeless as he stared. The white suited ego wasn't sure if this sudden silence was because he missed the channel or because his role as the channel's Grim Reaper was done.

'Unus...?' Annus started with quietly but then trailed off. However, Unus teared his eyes away from the fire and looked shyly at his friend. Annus opened then closed his mouth then huffs and bows his head.

'Nevermind...' Annus murmured; they had run out of stuff to talk about ages ago. While they were still remembered by some on The Surface, it wasn't enough to give them access to the rest of the Void, so they'd lost communication with the other egos a long time ago.

Annus frowned; he missed Darkiplier and Jackieboyman.

'Hey...' Annus whispered. Unus blinked then slowly looked up at Annus, a blank expression on his face. Annus looked hesitant at first but then continued.

'we...we will get back to the mainland you know...' Annus said, trying to sound hopeful. However, Unus' grimace told him enough; he stopped believing him long ago.

'Hehehe...you want to get back to the others, do you?'

Both egos looked towards the new voice, surprised and confused, and slowly stood up. Annus frowned and squinted, trying to see through the darkness and sparks.

At first, all they could see was purple and white lightening that sparked round a figure. But, as the figure walked closer, they could see his purple waistcoat and bow tie, black trousers...and then noticed the blood and stitched up hands.

Unus widened his eyes and acted first: he raised his hand and a black shiny Scythe appeared in his fist and held it out in front of him. However, Annus quickly held a hand up, looking at the newcomer warily.

'Easy Unus...' He murmured quietly then cleared his throat, 'Who are you and how did you find us? We haven't seen anyone for years' He asked the purple man.

Dawktrap looked gleeful and giggled to himself, his lightening spreading out more, 'I am Dawktrap and...how I found you?' He responded with then his eyes brightened horribly, 'that won't matter; you won't ever leave this place'

Annus blinked at this man's response then frowned; how dare he say that! He then glared and sensed Unus do the same and put his hand down. He then watched as Unus immediately charged at Dawktrap, his Scythe raised. Unus opened his mouth, as if to yell, as he went to bring the blade down on the purple man's head. The whole time Dawktrap watched this with a wide smile, not moving at all.

Then Annus realized why and widened his eyes, horrified: Dawktrap's lightening had connected with Unus' arm and had started rapidly wrapping round his body and face. As Dawktrap watched gleefully, and Annus with horror, Unus dropped to the floor and started struggling, trying to get the lightening off him. But no matter how much he tried, the purple and white restraints were only getting tighter...and tighter...

Annus ran to his friend just as he saw Unus give him one last look of sorrow and struggle...and the lightening crushed him to oblivion, leaving behind sparks of black and white.