Chapter 13: Splashes Of Red, Blue And Pink

Henrik didn't hear Anti as he ran back, grabbing the back of his coat collar and pulling him away from Chica the Chicken; Henrik had been so focused on the animatronic that he hadn't noticed that the robot was about to swing its arm towards his face. Thankfully, Anti pulling him back meant the arm missed Henrik by an inch, a moment that snapped the doctor back to reality, and he screamed.

L̵̴e͢ţ'͘͜s ̕go!̵͞

'But...zat iz Chase-!'

I̡t ̢͏w̨as͟ ab͝o͜u͠ţ ̵͜t̢o hit ̴̧̨y͜o͞u͟͞!̧̡͘ ̨͢R͏un͜!͢͏

Henrik blinked at the demon, letting him drag him towards the stairs and down to the ground floor of the house. He wished he hadn't made the new revolution; his body felt weak with the stress of all the deaths and the overall scenario. But, as they got to the stairs, he tried to wake his legs up and run himself without Anti's help.

Jackie was at the bottom of the stairs and, once he saw Henrik, he frowned but didn't comment on his appearance. Despite not speaking, Henrik knew he must've looked as white as a ghost.

'If you're going to go, you better go now' Jackie said sternly, already taking out his cattle prod and looking to the top of the stairs; he had heard the intruder.

Anti finally let go of Henrik and nodded, a serious expression on his face. He then looked at the doctor, ignoring the man's white shellshocked face, Y͟e͝ah ́͢le͞t̢́͢'s ͟go͏͘͞

Henrik nodded, a blank look on his face, 'ok-'

BANG!

While Jackie and Anti's eyes widened at the sudden noise by the front door, Henrik just rolled his eyes, a little annoyed, 'oh, vhat now?!' he yelped, looking to the door. But what he saw made his eyes widen too: he could see Virgil and Logan banging on the windows that were either side of the front door. Even though they were smiling, it held no emotion, and their bright purple eyes were just as lifeless.

'Join us! Join us!' They chanted in a monotone voice; they were clearly saying this against their will.

The trio stepped back against the wall, while Jackie held his cattle prod out in front of him. Henrik looked horrified.

'Vait no! Vhat are you doing?!' the doctor yelped.

Jackie gave him an apologetic glance, but then returned his gaze to the door and sighed, 'I don't want them to attack us or the kids. But...if I have to get defensive then I will do' He then looked at the two, 'now go!' He snapped, just as they heard Chica approaching the top of the stairs.

Henrik opened his mouth to protest but he heard Chica just as Anti gently held his arm and nodded. 'ok...' Henrik murmured, giving the superhero one last concerned look before glitching and buzzing sounds filled his ears and the scenery changed entirely.

Anti gently let go of Henrik once he had teleported them to his hideout, before cautiously looking over at his older brother, H͡e̛n̨r͡ik͟?̀ Ẁe̛ ͜wil͝l̴ ̡f̡ix t̕hįş he said softly, gently putting a clawed hand on his brother's shoulder.

Henrik huffed, blinking quickly in order to hold back tears, 'it von't bring back Chase though...' he said then looked at Anti sadly, 'I promise you: I saw Chase in zat robot. I don't know how, and I can't explain but it was him' He said confidently, despite holding back tears.

Anti's ears twitched as he looked at the doctor sympathetic, then did something he never did: he gave his brother a hug. The doctor blinked, surprised, then returned the hug tightly. Anti could feel his brother's shoulders wobbling as he held back his emotions, then exhaled deeply. I͢ b͜e̛liéve ya̧. ͞Ànd͝ ̀that ͠purpl͠e p͠rick wi̶ll p,a'y Anti said softly, but then glared, growling the last sentence; he wasn't going to tell his brother that he had been the one to bring Chase to Dawktrap.

Henrik sniffled and nodded, then exhaled, letting go of Anti slowly. He rubbed his eyes then looked at his demon brother and weakly smiled, 'I know...' he muttered quietly.