Chapter 9: The Key To Salvation

Chapter Banner Drawn By AquaGD on DeviantArt

Darkiplier never understood why Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza was situated far away from their area, but he assumed it was because the King of FNAF liked his privacy and peace and quiet. Because of its location, he’d only been here once before, and he hated it. It was damp and dirty, despite the King constantly cleaning it. Plus, the animatronics in Parts & Services were creepy even for him, with their soulless eyes constantly staring. But worse than that was the pizza. No matter how well the King cooked them, they always seemed to taste hard with a texture of plastic. He wasn’t even sure the ingredients were in date.

‘Why couldn’t we have met at your place?’ Dark whined before meeting Henrik’s glaring eyes.

‘Ze King vas already coming back here vith Robbie. Plus, MatPat told us to separate out.’ The doctor said sternly before looking at the building. He sighed, as if preparing himself, before approaching the doors.

Dark watched him before following: despite Mat guessing all of Dark’s plans very quickly, which had annoyed him, the ego had a lot of respect for him. So, if that’s what he’d told Henrik then that would be the plan for the moment.

The doors creaked as they opened automatically, as if welcoming the two egos, and they both walked in nervously, unsure of what they were going to find. They knew they shouldn’t be nervous about meeting a familiar and friendly ego but, after everything that’s happened, they didn’t know what to expect now.

‘KING?! VE ARE HERE!’ Henrik called out, making Dark facepalm.

‘Doc, with all due respect, yelling is not wise.’ Dark said but blinked as Henrik looked at him condescendingly.

‘If Robbie iz here, zhen it iz safe; vhen Dawktrap tried to attack him here before, Robbie was injured but was able to attack back. As much as I don’t vant him hurt, I know zat he can hold his own.’ Henrik explained confidently. Dark frowned; Henrik’s confidence surprised him, and he wasn’t sure he liked the idea of the young zombie getting hurt more.

‘We’re in the security office!’ The King yelled back, poking his head out from further down the hallway, his face looking as if he was trying to hide his shock and concern.

A wave of relief washed over Henrik as he ran down to the office, letting Dark catch up with him.

‘King! Iz everything ok? How iz Robbie?’ the doctor asked as he got nearer to the office doorway. The King looked at them with a concerned expression, before stepping aside to let the new arrivals in, ‘see for yourself.’

Henrik and Dark both looked round the office; it was exactly as it had been left the last time Henrik was here. And, as their eyes laid on the young zombie, Henrik smiled warmly.

Robbie was sitting on the office floor, playing with his bunny plushie. His head wound had completely healed, save for a couple of stitches that were embedded at the top of his head. Henrik watched as Robbie babbled to himself, flying the plushie around then noticed his facial expression; he seemed to be faking a smile and trying very hard to keep it.

Henrik frowned, concerned, before slowly crouching, ‘Robbie…?’

Robbie looked up and sniffed before getting up to run into the ego’s arms. As Henrik hugged him, the zombie shut his eyes, but the tears started threatening to come out. And he started crying.

‘Shhh shhh, I know, I know.’ Henrik said quietly. The other two egos could only watch, with sympathetic eyes, before the King motioned Dark to follow him. Dark nodded and quietly followed King out of the office, giving the doctor and zombie a sympathetic look before leaving.