Chapter 7: Calling The Surface

Contains Mild Gore

Mad Mike looked concerned at Blank Gameplays. He had been sitting on the living room couch, reading a comic, when the little symbiotic boy had walked up to him, sobbing, black tears trickling down his cheeks. Mike crouched down in front of him and tilted his head.

‘What’s wrong?’ he asked as he gently placed his hand on the boy’s shoulder. Blank sniffled while rubbing his eyes, letting the tears crawl over his fingers.

‘T-t-there bad man here!’ Blank wailed, sniffling.

Mike frowned, ‘Where? In our area?’

Blank shook his head and looked at Mike with pitch black glittering eyes, ‘No, new one is baaaad!’

Mike now looked serious; they’d all got the notification of the new ego’s arrival, but Mike hadn’t heard anything further; none of the others had in this area.

‘I’m sure everything’s ok’ he just said softly. However, Blank whined, shaking his head, before he threw himself at Mike and broke down crying. Mike quickly caught him into a hug, now worried.

Blank was definitely a unique and strange ego. He never entered the Void via the portal; instead, he had materialized one day in front of Mike and Father Ethan. Shocked was an understatement of how they’d felt seeing the boy just appear. Working with Henrik and Chase, they’d come to discover that, while Blank had been initially created by Ethan, he was mostly a community created character. And, yet, due to the community not fully deciding on what form he should take, Blank ended up taking on a lot of mixed forms. Most of his body was symbiotic, like the Marvel character Venom, but one of his arms was metal and cybernetic. Mike had once said it resembled something that the King of FNAF would’ve had in his pizzeria. And he’d come into the Void a young boy instead of an adult, like their creator. Mike was never really sure why this aspect had been meshed into the ego, but he assumed it had something to do with the community.

But, despite his young age, Blank was the strongest member of their group and seemed to hold physic powers. He could sense when something was wrong and when danger was nearby. So, they’d all agreed that Blank would act as that area’s security system. Mike had never agreed with this decision, but Blank had never seemed to mind. He’d always said he was strong enough to take on most threats.

So, it greatly worried Mike that Blank was a blubbering mess right now.

‘Blank…I’m sure things are ok. Henrik and Chase would’ve told us if it wasn’t, right?’ he tried to reassure the sobbing ego, who still had his head buried in Mike’s shoulder. Blank sniffled and nodded quickly but didn’t say anything. Mike sighed, then glanced up as a knock on the front door echoed through the house.

‘I’ve got it, I’ve got it’ Father Ethan said in his calm and quiet voice. Mike watched as the other ego appeared in view and slowly open the front door.

‘Oh Anti! It’s good to see-Anti?...what’s happened to your eyes?’ Father Ethan asked, confused.

Mike frowned as he saw the glitch’s glaring expression as he towered over Father…and noticed the purple eyes. His eyes then widened as Anti opened his mouth, revealing sharp teeth, and chomped down onto Father’s frontal lobe. Father screeched as Anti grabbed his shoulders and bit down onto his head before tearing the flesh away. Mike just stared, terrified, as blood splattered onto Anti’s face and the walls. Anti growled, glitching messily, as he munched on what had been Father Ethan’s head. Mike couldn’t take his eyes away from what had just happened, his breaths heavy and shaky.

He thought Henrik had fixed Antisepticeye.

Mike didn’t take his eyes off the growling glitch as he carried Blank and slowly stood up.