Chapter 8.1: The First Animatronic

‘He’s a child killer’

The moment MatPat muttered those words, all Chase Brody could think of were his kids, who still seemed blissfully unaware of what was going on.

Chase could feel his throat tighten and his heart pound as panicked thoughts invaded his mind.

‘Chase…?’

He could hear Jack call his name, but it was very quiet, as if the ego wasn’t in the same place as the others.

‘I…I’m gonna check on the kids real quick!’ was what Chase’s mouth said on autopilot. He didn’t even wait for any response as he turned round and ran to the nearest entryway back to the Void.
He was sure he’d heard Henrik yell out, but his only thought was to get back to his and Henrik’s children. It was bad enough that the adult egos were dying, but the kids? He really didn’t want to see them harmed.

He ran through the dark landscape and eventually came to a black door that was covered in red roses and ivy. Chase stared at it then slowly exhaled; it was the door to Darkiplier’s section. He really didn’t want to go through here; the ego scared him a little. But his destination was important so, he took a deep breath, grasped the golden decorated doorknob and turned it. It clicked loudly, which made him pull a face; the last thing he wanted was to attract attention. However, as he peeked in, he saw no one and sighed with relief; Dark must still be helping Marvin with creating a new entrance for his brothers. Now relieved at this absence, he ran through the egos’ area back to Henrik’s house.

Because the two areas were next to each other, it didn’t take Chase very long to return, and he felt a sense of both relief and dread as he started to see the roof of his brother’s house; he suddenly didn’t know what he was going to find. After finding out about the Sander Sides and Ethan egos, it felt like Dawktrap was everywhere and could see everything. He couldn’t help but be reminded of Anti’s first year here; it felt the same and Chase hated this feeling. He wasn’t sure where the purple ego was and that terrified him, especially since he’d done what Anti had constantly threatened to do: kill an ego.

The second Chase got to the house, he threw open the front door, looking panic-stricken.

‘SAM?! CHARLIE?!’ He yelled, his voice squeaking in his panic. It didn’t take long to get a response and his heart immediately calmed as he heard those familiar innocent voices.

‘DADDY!’ His daughter, Charlie, and his son, Sam, squealed happily as they ran down the stairs, their smiles lighting up the hallway. Charlie was the oldest child, at 9 years old, and had long brown hair that was plaited and freckles that decorated the underneath area of her brown eyes. Sam was the youngest, his short dark blonde hair had started to show on his head.

Chase slowly sighed with relief, as if letting out the horrible thoughts that had plagued his head, as he watched them run downstairs. He crouched down as they got to the last step and pulled them into a tight hug as they ran into him.

‘Chase? Is that you?’ came the King of FNAF’s voice from upstairs. Chase nodded, whilst shutting his eyes; tears were threatening to escape, and he didn’t want the kids to question it.

‘Yeah!’ Chase squeaked back, then quickly cleared his throat; he didn’t expect his voice to come out squeaky and a little shaky. Thankfully, Sam and Charlie laughed at the squeak, which made the ego smile sheepishly.

‘Daddy made a silly sound!’ Charlie squealed, stepping back to smile at her father. She played with the end of her long brunette hair while her younger brother, Sam, did grabby hands to Chase.

Chase smiled weakly and chuckled, ‘I did didn’t I? oh…’ he said as cheerfully as he could before noticing what Sam was doing, ‘hey there young man! You wanting a cuddle?’