Chapter Fifteen

|Hunter's POV|

I pondered about the institution in search of Stiles. It would be visitation hour in thirty minutes, and I didn't want to be late. I couldn't wait to see the one person in my family who I actually cared about. Friends were coming along, so I was axious to meet them too.

In deep thought, I bump into something tall. Thinking it was Stiles, I immediately smirked and said, "Watch it."

"Um, s-sorry," the person studdered. I looked up and jumped out of my skin. That was surely not Stiles.

"Oh, God. I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else," I say and he gives me a quick smile. His eyes searching the asylum crazily. He was jumpy, like he had some place to go. Like he needed to get out of here.

"Don't apologize. Seriously," he looks around again before crouching down close to my ear.

"Listen. My name is Oliver. I want you to remember to stay away from me. If you see me, go the other way. Please. And if you know of or see somebody named Stiles, tell him the same," he looks me in the eyes for quick moment, then speed walks away.

I made a deal to keep that to myself. That was probably just some other inmate here who doesn't know what he's ever saying. I didn't need to tell Stiles anything.

"Why were you talking to him?" Meredith rushes over to me, eyes wide as usally are.

"Oh, hey!" I say enthusiasticly, ignoring her previous question. "Did you just come back from visitation-"

"Hunter! Why were you talking to him?" she repeats much more stern this time.

"I don't know. He just... just came up to me and was saying things like - stay away from me. Why do you care?" I question.

She shakes her head rapidly and thought it would pop off. "Oh, no. No, no, no," she mumbles. "This is it. This is the part where things get bad," she whispers. "I have to go, Hunter. Tell Lydia I will see her soon," she finishes and stalks off into an elevator followed by an orderly.

Who in the hell is Lydia?

Ignoring the sudden, strange events of my morning, I continue my search for Stiles, smiling when I finally spotted him waiting for me at the securely locked asylum entrence.

He looked really nervous this morning. Today Stiles actually looked as if he belonged in an asylum. That same nervous, crazed look spread upon his face that had his eyes darting from the ceiling to every person and every corner of the room. His look scared me just a bit. Through the weeks we've been here in this place, I've noticed how tired he's beginning to look. Pale, his under eyes mysteriously red.

The word Frontotemporal Dimentia popped in my head. Stiles looked like he was dying.

When his eyes finally landed on me, I could hear him sigh, even though I was across the room. Thank my unatural hearing abilities for that. I focused on his breathing, and I could her how fast it was going. That was until it slowed when he saw me. His eyes no longer looking around, just trained on me. I approached him.

"You okay?" I ask before he could usher a word.

He nods quickly. "Come on, let's go. I don't want to keep my friends waiting." I stopped Stiles before he could walk any further and pulled him into a hug. I rested my head on his chest and used the hug as an excuse to listen to his heart. He was so tense at first, cringing with the hug.

"Relax," I breathe along with him. The fast beating was loud and thumped against my ear, even as it slowed. I could feel him smile into my hair. He finally relaxes with the hug, feeling he large hands gently rest on my exposed waist. I get the chills, but shake it off. God damn you asylum clothes. Just have the right freaking size.