Chapter Sixteen

|Stiles's POV|

"I have to tell you," Meredith muttered under her breath.

"What do you have to tell us, Meredith?" Hunter askes quietly, knowing that this girl could snap at any moment.

"I know about you all. All of you!" she begins to raise her voice. "Don't even think about lying," she composes herself.

"Do you want to tell us what you know?" Lydia asks in a more forceful tone. She needed to be calmer with Meredith. She didn't understand how fragile the people of this institution could be.

"Scott," she said looking at him with boring eyes. "The claws, the fangs, the mysterious glowing eyes. I know what you are," she murmurs, rocking back and forth.

"Uh, yes, Meredith. How do you know that?" Scott asks her cautiously.

"I know some things none of you know yet," she says taking quick glances at all of us, ignoring Scott's question. "They won't let me tell you yet," she whispers.

"Who is they?" Kira questions, taking a step closer.

"The voices. I hear them. They're telling me things that will happen very soon. Very soon," she repeats. "Don't look at me like I'm crazy. Some of you understand," Meredith takes a quick look at Hunter and I.

"I know, Meredith. Why is it only us?" Hunter's aks, pitching more into the conversation.

"We're not the only ones," Meredith smirks, and all eyes went to Lydia. "Oh my gosh. Lydia, you don't know yet. Do you?"

Lydia presses her lips together and shakes her head. "I- I don't know. I just hear things. I don't know what any of it means." She sounded frustrated. I watch Hunter as she immediately glances in Lydia's direction. She must've caught a scent of Lydia's supernatural side as well.

"That's why I'm here," Meredith grins eerily. "Have you ever heard of a banshee?"

"A banshee," I muttered. "A wailing women whose screams warn the impending death of an individual." The words flew out of my mouth, and I had to blink several times to clear my mind. Hunter's eyes looked glazed over, not hearing what I said.

"Looks like someone's been doing their research," Allison said.

"I don't know," I whispered. "I remember hearing it in a dream or something. It's not important," I shrugged it off, but I coud feel Hunter's eyes on me now.

"Meredith. Is that what we are? Is that why I keep hearing the voices saying terrible things to me? I need it to stop. It's driving me insane!" Lydia yelled.

"You don't understand," Meredith rolled her eyes. "Yes, us three are all banshees, but-"

"Hey!" I saw Brunski as he shouted from across the room. He pointed directly at Meredith. Lydia started crying, Allison and Kira coddled her. "You're not supposed to be in here."

Brunski quickly approached us, not wasting a second as he held Meredith's arms behind her back, dragging her out of the visitation room.
"Wait!" Meredith struggled to be free from his hold on her, but that would be impossible. "You're all in danger! All of you!" she yelled and continued to struggle against him.

Then, it was as if all time began to slow down, and came to a complete stop all at once. All sounds were inaudible except for the piercing scream coming from Meredith. It was so loud it couldn't been heard from miles away. I was surprised no glass was broken in the process.

When she finished screaming, she was immediately injected with some sort of sedative and slowly became drowsy and unconscious in the Brunski's arms, making the rest of the journey out of the room easier for him.

Lydia had stopped crying, but something else was happening. Both her and Hunter's ears were bleeding a small amount of this peculiar black blood. They were so still, and time seemed to catch up to us again. "Are you guys okay?" I said, rushing to Hunter's side. She just nodded, and used the sleeve of her uniform to wipe of the blood. Allison used her jacket to wipe up some of Lydia's blood.

"So Meredith is a banshee, who just screamed," Scott said, coming to a conclusion. "Oh no. This is not good. Someone is going to die, and it better not be one if us."

"Relax, Scott. Don't be such a sour wolf. Nobody here is going to die. We won't let that happen," I quickly say, and Scott just nods, his eyes glazing over as well.

What is happening to us?