Chapter Seventeen

|Hunter's POV|

The guards dismissed us from the visitation area soon after Meredith had her little fallout with Brunski. Thanks to the desk lady, Myra, her little free pass allowed Stiles and I to roam freely, even though it wasn't allowed, the two of us walked alone about the institution.

"Stiles," I randomly say, breaking through the silence. "The dream your talking about," I begin to say, ready to admit this him. "About banshee's. I heard that in my dream too. I've been thinking about it for a while, but I didn't want it to believe that's what I was."

"You know, it seems like we have the same dreams a lot," he says what I was thinking. I smile at the ground. "And yet you still refuse to tell me why you're here in the first place."

He's still on that? I roll my eyes. "Stiles-"

"It's okay, though," he interrupts. "I'll find out soon enough." I didn't say anything after that. We just continue to circle the outdoor balcony surrounding the building, which seemed to be the usual place to hang out, if that even made sense in a place like this.

As we walked, I ran my hand along the ledge. A prickly feeling starting to form in my hips. The same pain I typically felt after my usual bizarre nightmares and screaming in the middle of the night. The prickly feeling rapidly traveled up my sides, speeading across and stomach. And soon enough, the prickly feeling turned into an sharp, unbearable pain.

I yelled out in pain, forcefully grabbing the ledge with both hands. I started shaking uncontrollably, and I couldn't figure out what was happening. This was worse than what happens at night, and I couldn't stand it. "Hunter!" Stiles yelled at my side. He grabbed my waist and pulled me down with him. He slid down and say propped against the wall with me in his arms. "Hunter, talk to me! Look at me, what can I do?"

I look at him, and my vision started giving out. I watched his face, full of concern. At one moment, I would see Stiles's familiar face, then the next second everything would blur and he would become the bandaged creature I know as the Nogitsune. Those two people were fighting for my attention, and I thought to myself. I'm dreaming. I have to be.

I rock myself back and forth, still shaking but not as much. I held my stomach, the pain barely going away. Stiles moved back and forth with me, and without thinking, I grabbed his hands. I began to raise his fingers slowly, one at a time. Five, I mived on to the next hand. Ten.

And with that magical number, everything stopped. I could see Stiles staring at me, still holding my sweaty figure. I was not dreaming, and the scrutinizing pain I felt was but a memory to me now, like none of it happened. "Stiles?" I whispered.

He studied my face and pulled me further into his chest. "What the hell, Hunter. You scared me," he laughed breathily. "What happened?"

"I- I don't know," I found myself not being able to ever explain it. "I just felt so much pain. In my hips and stomach. And I saw the-" I stop short, and swallow hard. "I don't know."

"What kind of pain did you feel?" he questions, refusing to let go of me.

"It was like, a prickly feeling for a second. Then it was just this sharp pain that spread everywhere." I try my best to explain. He nodded along with me as if everything I said made sense to him.

"I've been have that same exact feeling. Only, it's been in my back. I don't know what's wrong with me,"

"Um, do you mind if I..." I trail off.

"Go ahead," Stiles agrees. I stand up after he releases me from his arms. He stands up with me, and turns his back toward me. Hesitantly, I take his shirt and lift it, exposing his back. Which, if I may say, was extremely toned and muscular. I caught myself staring for a minute before actually doing what I was supposed to.