Chapter Fourteen

I awoke this morning to find the bed empty. And when I say this morning I mean at 2:38 am. I looked, but he was nowhere to be found. Kaleb had never left me as far as I knew, but then again I've been too consumed by my thoughts to even register a full sentence. It's like that day has been on replay. Maybe loosing my baby was my punishment for breaking the bond and killing Helena.

When I looked at the clock again nearly 5 hours had passed. And all I had done was stare at the same wall aimlessly. I was so consumed by dark thoughts that I couldn't even go through an entire day anymore. When I checked the time again it was 7:54 pm. An entire day had gone by without me even realizing it. And of course I never moved from the spot I was in. I hadn't moved at all; only to breathe.

It was at 7:54 that Kaleb finally decided to walk through the door.

"Hey, babe." He greeted with a breathtaking smile.

I just stared blankly at him.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I continued to stare. What was I supposed to say?

He walked over to me after he threw his coat on the couch. We had our own wing and it was like a mini house or large apartment. He leaned in to kiss me and I instantly pulled back. I could smell the girls on him. He had around 3 different perfumes on him.

"Who were you with?" I asked weakly. I didn't have the strength to be angry with him because it was my fault he was like this. This was the most I'd said to him or anyone in nearly a week.

"No one." He lied. He looked me straight in the eyes and lied to me.

"Who?" I asked again.

"Just a few friends." He replied vaguely.

"And did you fuck said friends?" I asked.

"No." Again, he lied straight to my face.

"So then how do you explain the scent coming off of you? Because you smell like sex, sweat, and perfume." I replied. Again, I felt no emotion.

"How?" He wondered.

"You seem to forget that I have Alpha blood." I said. "You can be with whoever you wish. I just want you to be honest with me about it." I lied. I really didn't want him to be with anyone else, but it wasn't my choice to make. I'd pushed him to make such decisions.

"It won't happen again. It was a one time thing. I promise." He whispered. I could see the shame in his eyes.

"You shouldn't feel ashamed for taking what you desire. A man desires sex and I understand that. It doesn't bother me any." I whispered. My voice cracked in doing so.

"I regret being with them. It wasn't right of me to just leave you here by yourself. Especially when I know you're not doing well. Have you even moved from that spot today?" He asked me.

I sighed and slightly shook my head.

"Have you eaten or done anything at all?" He asked pleadingly.

I shook my head again. A tear slid down my cheek and I aggressively wiped it away. I did not want to cry. I couldn't cry because if you cry, then you show weakness. And I couldn't show weakness; not anymore.

"I'll be back." He sighed. He probably thought I was the weakest thing he'd ever come across. I couldn't even get out of bed.

He came back moments later with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a bag of sweet and spicy chili Doritos. I slowly ate my food and then laid back down.

"Are you okay, baby?" Kaleb asked me as he attempted to turn me towards him.

"Just peachy." I muttered.