Chapter Seventeen

A/N So now you know a bit more about V. How do you like it? The story is only going to Chapter 20 and then there's the epilogue. 20 votes and at least 5 comments for the next update. Make sure to comment and vote on the next chapters to come.

Chapter Seventeen

I finally escaped the awful memories. The flashbacks didn't come back after the last one.

Am I normal? No.

Will I be okay? Of course.

"Babe?" Kaleb called, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I snapped. I was still pissed at him.

"Babe, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. It was my wolf and-"

"-I don't want to hear it Kaleb!" I snapped, interrupting him mid-sentence.

"Whatever." He muttered as he stood from his chair, causing it to fall over as he stormed from the room.

I sighed as I realized I was pushing him away, again. I didn't mean to push him away, he just pissed me off. How was I suppose to forgive him for what he did to me? But could I see myself without him? I don't think I could. I needed Kaleb now more than ever. He needed me too. He was broken because of Callista. Because of what she did to him and his brother.

I listened to the rhythmic beeps of the heart machine. The soothing beeping sound was what kept me at ease. I couldn't deal with complete silence now. It irked me. I snapped my head up when I heard the opening of the door.

"I just need to check your vitals and make sure that the baby is okay." He reassured as he came closer to me.

"What baby?" I questioned. I was puzzled. I wasn't pregnant. I lost my baby when Kaleb and I mated.

"The baby you are carrying, dear child. Hasn't Kaleb told you?" He questioned me.

"Told me what?" I snapped.

"That you never lost the baby. The child must be very important if the moon-goddess left them in your care. I've never seen or heard of a case such as yours." The doctor was so sure that it startled me.

"But I lost my baby. I know that I did. I had visions after I lost him." I told the doctor.

"Then you must have been carrying twins because you are still very much pregnant." I didn't understand how this was possible.

"Prove it. I want to see an ultrasound." I didn't want to believe I was still pregnant. I thought that I'd broken all immediate ties with Rheesus. I had no idea how I was going to break the news to him and his bitch.

The doctor prepped the room for the ultrasound with the necessary equipment. He then pulled the blanket to my waist and lifted my gown to reveal my slightly bulging stomach. It wasn't overly noticeable, but it was still noticeable. He placed the cool gel on my stomach and then put the wand overtop of it and began to move it around my stomach.

A loud 'WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH' echoed in the room. It was the baby's heartbeat. I looked to the screen and sure enough, I was pregnant. I was excited, but at the same time I wasn't.

I was happy that the baby survived, but I didn't know if I wanted to keep him/her. They would never have a normal life. Their uncle also being their stepfather and their brothers and sisters also being their cousins. The poor child didn't deserve any of that, but I don't think I'd be able to part with them. With this conclusion I decided that I'd keep my baby no matter what.

"Thank you." I smiled at the doctor sincerely as a tear left my eye. I was so thankful that I still had one baby. What their name would be is still unknown to me, but at least they're alive.

A/N comment, vote, etc. I know it's shit, but it is important. Let me know your thoughts on what's happening. Nearing the end and then that's it. No more PBTA... It's sad really...